32. [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 380]
33. [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 380]
Security Intelligence Review Committee
Marginal note:Security Intelligence Review Committee
34. (1) There is hereby established a committee, to be known as the Security Intelligence Review Committee, consisting of a Chairman and not less than two and not more than four other members, all of whom shall be appointed by the Governor in Council from among members of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada who are not members of the Senate or the House of Commons, after consultation by the Prime Minister of Canada with the Leader of the Opposition in the House of Commons and the leader in the House of Commons of each party having at least twelve members in that House.
Marginal note:Term of office
(2) Each member of the Review Committee shall be appointed to hold office during good behaviour for a term not exceeding five years.
(3) A member of the Review Committee is eligible to be re-appointed for a term not exceeding five years.
(4) Each member of the Review Committee is entitled to be paid, for each day that the member performs duties and functions under this Act, such remuneration as is fixed by the Governor in Council and shall be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by the member in the performance of those duties and functions.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 34.
Marginal note:Chairman of the Review Committee
35. (1) The Chairman of the Review Committee is the chief executive officer of the Committee.
Marginal note:Acting Chairman of the Review Committee
(2) The Chairman of the Review Committee may designate another member of the Committee to act as the Chairman in the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chairman and, if no such designation is in force or the office of Chairman is vacant, the Minister may designate a member of the Committee to act as the Chairman.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 35.
Marginal note:Staff of Review Committee
36. The Review Committee may, with the approval of the Treasury Board,
(a) engage a secretary and such other staff as it requires; and
(b) fix and pay the remuneration and expenses of persons engaged pursuant to paragraph (a).
- 1984, c. 21, s. 36.
Marginal note:Compliance with security requirements
37. Every member of the Review Committee and every person engaged by it shall comply with all security requirements applicable by or under this Act to an employee and shall take the oath of secrecy set out in the schedule.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 37.
- Date modified: