Marginal note:Exclusion of Part VI of Criminal Code
26. Part VI of the Criminal Code does not apply in relation to any interception of a communication under the authority of a warrant issued under section 21 or in relation to any communication so intercepted.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 26.
Marginal note:Hearing of applications
27. An application under section 21, 22 or 23 to a judge for a warrant or the renewal of a warrant shall be heard in private in accordance with regulations made under section 28.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 27.
28. The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing the forms of warrants that may be issued under section 21 or 23;
(b) governing the practice and procedure of, and security requirements applicable to, hearings of applications for those warrants and for renewals of those warrants; and
(c) notwithstanding the Federal Courts Act and any rules made thereunder, specifying the places where those hearings may be held and the places where, and the manner in which, records or documents concerning those hearings shall be kept.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-23, s. 28;
- 2002, c. 8, s. 182.
Definition of “deputy head”
29. In this Part, “deputy head” means, in relation to
(a) a department named in Schedule I to the Financial Administration Act, the deputy minister thereof,
(b) the Canadian Forces, the Chief of the Defence Staff,
(c) the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Commissioner,
(d) the Service, the Director, and
(e) any other portion of the federal public administration, the person designated by order in council pursuant to this paragraph and for the purposes of this Part to be the deputy head of that portion of the federal public administration.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-23, s. 29;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
30. [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 380]
31. [Repealed, 2012, c. 19, s. 380]
- Date modified: