Marginal note:Powers of Review Committee
50. The Review Committee has, in relation to the investigation of any complaint under this Part, power
(a) to summon and enforce the appearance of persons before the Committee and to compel them to give oral or written evidence on oath and to produce such documents and things as the Committee deems requisite to the full investigation and consideration of the complaint in the same manner and to the same extent as a superior court of record;
(b) to administer oaths; and
(c) to receive and accept such evidence and other information, whether on oath or by affidavit or otherwise, as the Committee sees fit, whether or not that evidence or information is or would be admissible in a court of law.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 50.
Marginal note:Evidence in other proceedings
51. Except in a prosecution of a person for an offence under section 133 of the Criminal Code (false statements in extra-judicial proceedings) in respect of a statement made under this Act, evidence given by a person in proceedings under this Part and evidence of the existence of the proceedings are inadmissible against that person in a court or in any other proceedings.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 51.
Marginal note:Report of findings
52. (1) The Review Committee shall,
(a) on completion of an investigation in relation to a complaint under section 41, provide the Minister and the Director with a report containing the findings of the investigation and any recommendations that the Committee considers appropriate; and
(b) at the same time as or after a report is provided pursuant to paragraph (a), report the findings of the investigation to the complainant and may, if it thinks fit, report to the complainant any recommendations referred to in that paragraph.
(2) On completion of an investigation in relation to a complaint under section 42, the Review Committee shall provide the Minister, the Director, the deputy head concerned and the complainant with a report containing any recommendations that the Committee considers appropriate, and those findings of the investigation that the Committee considers it fit to report to the complainant.
- 1984, c. 21, s. 52.
Marginal note:Annual reports
53. The Review Committee shall, not later than September 30 in each fiscal year, submit to the Minister a report of the activities of the Committee during the preceding fiscal year and the Minister shall cause the report to be laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first fifteen days on which that House is sitting after the day the Minister receives it.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-23, s. 53;
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (4th Supp.), s. 7.
- Date modified: