407. Nothing in this Part requires
(a) the termination of a loan made before February 7, 2001;
(b) the termination of a loan made after that date as a result of a commitment made before that date;
(c) the disposal of an investment made before that date; or
(d) the disposal of an investment made after that date as a result of a commitment made before that date.
But if the loan or investment would be precluded or limited by this Part, the amount of the loan or investment may not, except as provided in subsections 393(2), 394(3) and 395(3), be increased after that date.
- 1991, c. 48, s. 407;
- 2001, c. 9, s. 314.
408. A loan or investment referred to in section 407 is deemed not to be prohibited by the provisions of this Part.
- 1991, c. 48, s. 408;
- 2001, c. 9, s. 314.
ADEQUACY OF CAPITAL AND LIQUIDITY
Marginal note:Adequacy of capital and liquidity
409. (1) An association shall, in relation to its operations, maintain
(a) adequate capital, and
(b) adequate and appropriate forms of liquidity,
and shall comply with any regulations in relation thereto.
Marginal note:Regulations and guidelines
(2) The Governor in Council may make regulations and the Superintendent may make guidelines respecting the maintenance by associations of adequate capital and adequate and appropriate forms of liquidity.
(3) Notwithstanding that an association is complying with regulations or guidelines made under subsection (2), the Superintendent may, by order, direct the association
(a) to increase its capital; or
(b) to provide additional liquidity in such forms and amounts as the Superintendent may require.
(4) An association shall comply with an order made under subsection (3) within such time as the Superintendent specifies therein.
Marginal note:Notice of value
(5) Where an appraisal of any asset held by an association or any of its subsidiaries has been made by the Superintendent and the value determined by the Superintendent to be the appropriate value of the asset varies materially from the value placed by the association or subsidiary on the asset, the Superintendent shall send to the association, the auditor of the association and the audit committee of the association a written notice of the appropriate value of the asset as determined by the Superintendent.
- 1991, c. 48, s. 409;
- 1996, c. 6, s. 55.
- Date modified: