REGULATION OF ASSOCIATIONS — SUPERINTENDENT
Marginal note:Required information
431. An association shall provide the Superintendent with such information, at such times and in such form as the Superintendent may require.
431.1 [Repealed, 2007, c. 6, s. 180]
431.2 [Repealed, 2007, c. 6, s. 180]
431.3 [Repealed, 2007, c. 6, s. 180]
Marginal note:Names of directors and auditors
432. (1) An association shall, within thirty days after each annual meeting of the association, provide the Superintendent with a return showing
(a) the name, residence and citizenship of each director holding office immediately following the meeting;
(b) the mailing address of each director holding office immediately following the meeting;
(c) the bodies corporate of which each director referred to in paragraph (a) is an officer or director and the firms of which each director is a member;
(d) the names of the directors referred to in paragraph (a) who are officers or employees of the association or any subsidiary of the association, and the positions they occupy;
(e) the name of each committee of the association on which each director referred to in paragraph (a) serves;
(f) the date of expiration of the term of each director referred to in paragraph (a); and
(g) the name, address and date of appointment of the auditor of the association.
(a) any information relating to a director or auditor of an association shown in the latest return made to the Superintendent under subsection (1), other than information referred to in paragraph (1)(c), becomes inaccurate or incomplete,
(b) a vacancy in the position of auditor of the association occurs or is filled by another person, or
(c) a vacancy on the board of directors of the association occurs or is filled,
the association shall forthwith provide the Superintendent with such information as is required to maintain the return in a complete and accurate form.
Marginal note:Copy of by-laws
433. An association shall send to the Superintendent within thirty days after the coming into effect of a by-law or an amendment to a by-law, a copy of the by-law or amendment.
- 1991, c. 48, s. 433;
- 2001, c. 9, s. 325.
Marginal note:Register of associations
434. (1) The Superintendent shall, in respect of each association, cause a register to be maintained containing a copy of
(a) the incorporating instrument of the association; and
(b) the information referred to in paragraphs 432(1)(a) and (c) to (g) contained in the latest return sent to the Superintendent under section 432.
(2) The register may be maintained in
(a) a bound or loose-leaf form or in a photographic film form; or
(b) a system of mechanical or electronic data processing or any other information storage device that is capable of reproducing any required information in intelligible written form within a reasonable time.
(3) Persons are entitled to reasonable access to the register and may make copies of or take extracts from the information in it.
(4) A statement containing information in the register and purporting to be certified by the Superintendent is admissible in evidence in all courts as proof, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, of the facts stated in the statement without proof of the appointment or signature of the Superintendent.
- 1991, c. 48, s. 434;
- 2001, c. 9, s. 325.
- Date modified: