Head Office and Regions
Marginal note:Head office
148 (1) The head office of the Board shall be located in the National Capital Region as described in the schedule to the National Capital Act, but meetings of the Board or of the Executive Committee of the Board may be held at such times and places as the Chairperson of the Board directs.
Marginal note:Regional offices
(2) The Board shall maintain at least one regional office at a place determined by the Chairperson, after consultation with the Minister, in each of the following regions of Canada, namely, the Atlantic region, Quebec, Ontario, the Prairie region and the Pacific region.
Marginal note:Regional divisions
149 (1) There shall be regional divisions of the Board consisting of the members assigned to them, who shall exercise such functions of the Board, under this or any other Act of Parliament, as are designated by the Chairperson of the Board for a region or, where there is more than one regional office in a region, for the portion of a region designated by the Chairperson.
(2) Full-time members of the Board assigned to a regional division pursuant to subsection 105(3) shall reside within reasonable commuting distance of the office of that division.
(3) Any act or thing done or any decision rendered by a panel of the Board constituted pursuant to subsection 105(6) is, for the purposes of this Part, an act or thing done or a decision rendered by the Board.
(2) A Vice-Chairperson for a division is responsible to the Chairperson for the professional conduct, training, and quality of decision-making of Board members assigned to that division.
Marginal note:Executive Committee
151 (1) There shall be an Executive Committee of the Board consisting of the Chairperson, the Executive Vice-Chairperson, the Vice-Chairperson, Appeal Division, the regional Vice-Chairpersons and two other members of the Board designated by the Chairperson after consultation with the Minister.
(2) The Executive Committee
(a) shall, after such consultation with Board members as it considers appropriate, adopt policies relating to reviews under this Part;
(b) shall, where requested by the Chairperson, advise the Chairperson on any other matters concerning the functions of the Board or of the Chairperson under this or any other Act of Parliament; and
(c) may direct that the number of members required to constitute a panel for the review of any class of cases shall be greater than the number fixed by the regulations.
Marginal note:Respect for diversity
(3) Policies adopted under paragraph (2)(a) must respect gender, ethnic, cultural and linguistic differences and be responsive to the special needs of women and aboriginal peoples, as well as to the needs of other groups of offenders with special requirements.
(4) Meetings of the Executive Committee shall be chaired by the Chairperson.
- 1992, c. 20, s. 151;
- 1995, c. 42, s. 58(F).
- Date modified: