Marginal note:Chief Executive Officer
152. (1) The Chairperson of the Board is its chief executive officer and as such has supervision over and direction of the work and the staff of the Board, and the Chairperson shall chair general meetings of the Board.
Marginal note:Withdrawal of member
(2) The Chairperson may direct that a member of the Board not participate in a review panel where, in the opinion of the Chairperson, the participation of the member in the review may result in a reasonable apprehension of bias.
Marginal note:Constitution of review panels
(3) The Chairperson may direct that the number of members required to constitute a panel for the review of any particular case shall be greater than the number fixed by the regulations.
(4) The Chairperson may appoint a person or persons to investigate and report on any matter relating to the operations of the Board, and sections 7 to 13 of the Inquiries Act apply in respect of such investigations, with such modifications as the circumstances require, as if the references to “commissioners” in those sections were references to the person or persons so appointed.
(5) The Chairperson may authorize any full-time member of the Board to exercise any of the Chairperson’s functions under this Part, in accordance with any conditions specified by the Chairperson, and a function so exercised shall be deemed to have been exercised by the Chairperson.
Marginal note:Manner of exercising
(6) Where the Chairperson is authorized by this Part to designate a person to exercise a power, the Chairperson may specify the conditions under which that person may exercise the power.
Marginal note:Absence, incapacity or vacancy
(7) In the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chairperson or a vacancy in the office of Chairperson, the Executive Vice-Chairperson may exercise all the powers of the Chairperson.
(8) In the event of the absence or incapacity of, or a vacancy in the offices of, the Chairperson and the Executive Vice-Chairperson, a full-time member of the Board designated by the Minister may exercise all the powers of the Chairperson.
Marginal note:Remuneration of full-time and substitute members
153. (1) Each full-time and substitute member of the Board shall be paid such remuneration as is fixed by the Governor in Council, and is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred while performing duties away from the administrative centre to which the member is assigned.
Marginal note:Leave of absence from public service
(2) An employee in the public service appointed as a full-time member of the Board shall be given leave of absence without pay from the public service.
Marginal note:Remuneration of part-time members
(3) Each part-time member of the Board shall be paid such remuneration as is fixed by the Governor in Council for each day that the member is serving as such, and is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred while performing duties away from the member’s ordinary place of residence.
(4) The full-time members and employees of the Board shall be deemed to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act.
- 1992, c. 20, s. 153;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 225(E).
- Date modified: