252.7 A requirement under this Act or the regulations for a signature or for a document to be executed, except with respect to a statutory declaration or an affidavit, is satisfied if, in relation to an electronic document, the prescribed requirements pertaining to this section, if any, are met and if the signature results from the application by a person of a technology or a process that permits the following to be proven:
(a) the signature resulting from the use by a person of the technology or process is unique to the person;
(b) the technology or process is used by a person to incorporate, attach or associate the person’s signature to the electronic document; and
(c) the technology or process can be used to identify the person using the technology or process.
- 2001, c. 14, s. 121.
Marginal note:Notice to directors and shareholders
253. (1) A notice or document required by this Act, the regulations, the articles or the by-laws to be sent to a shareholder or director of a corporation may be sent by prepaid mail addressed to, or may be delivered personally to,
(a) the shareholder at the shareholder’s latest address as shown in the records of the corporation or its transfer agent; and
(b) the director at the director’s latest address as shown in the records of the corporation or in the last notice filed under section 106 or 113.
Marginal note:Effect of notice
(2) A director named in a notice sent by a corporation to the Director under section 106 or 113 and filed by the Director is presumed for the purposes of this Act to be a director of the corporation referred to in the notice.
Marginal note:Deemed receipt
(3) A notice or document sent in accordance with subsection (1) to a shareholder or director of a corporation is deemed to be received at the time it would be delivered in the ordinary course of mail unless there are reasonable grounds for believing that the shareholder or director did not receive the notice or document at that time or at all.
Marginal note:Undelivered notices
(4) If a corporation sends a notice or document to a shareholder in accordance with subsection (1) and the notice or document is returned on two consecutive occasions because the shareholder cannot be found, the corporation is not required to send any further notices or documents to the shareholder until the shareholder informs the corporation in writing of the shareholder’s new address.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-44, s. 253;
- 2001, c. 14, ss. 122, 135(E).
Marginal note:Notice to and service on a corporation
254. A notice or document required to be sent to or served on a corporation may be sent by registered mail to the registered office of the corporation shown in the last notice filed under section 19 and, if so sent, is deemed to be received or served at the time it would be delivered in the ordinary course of mail unless there are reasonable grounds for believing that the corporation did not receive the notice or document at that time or at all.
- 1974-75-76, c. 33, s. 247;
- 1978-79, c. 9, ss. 1(F), 79.
- Date modified: