Marginal note:Transfer to Quebec of administration, management and control
147. Where section 146 has been complied with, the Governor in Council shall, by order, transfer to Quebec the administration, management and control of the land described in the Instrument of Cession subject to any terms or conditions set out in the Instrument of Cession.
Marginal note:Effect of cession
148. As of the effective date of a cession, the land ceded ceases to be Category IA or IA-N land.
Marginal note:Land registry system
149. A band shall, within sixty days of the effective date of a cession, deposit the Instrument of Cession in the land registry office referred to in Part X, but non-compliance with this section does not affect the validity or effective date of the cession.
PART XLAND REGISTRY SYSTEM
Marginal note:Enforceability of rights and interests
150. (1) A right or an interest in Category IA or IA-N land or in a building situated thereon granted after the coming into force of this Part, other than
(a) an authorization from a band referred to in subsection 111(2),
(b) a right or interest granted by a band referred to in paragraph 113(4)(b),
(c) a right conferred by section 114 or 115, and
(d) a servitude expropriated by an expropriating authority under Part VII,
is not enforceable against a third party unless it is registered in accordance with the regulations made under section 151,
Marginal note:Enforceability of hypothecs
(2) A hypothec granted after the coming into force of this Part on an interest in Category IA or IA-N land or in a building situated thereon is not enforceable against that interest unless it is registered in accordance with the regulations made under section 151.
Marginal note:Regulations for establishment and maintenance of land registry system
151. The Governor in Council may make regulations for establishing and maintaining a land registry system, under the control and supervision of the Minister, for the registration of rights and interests in Category IA and IA-N land and in buildings situated thereon, and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, may make regulations respecting
(a) the establishment and maintenance of land registry offices and their hours of operation;
(b) the administration of the land registry system, including officers and employees and their powers and duties;
(c) the procedure for registering rights and interests, including forms and fees;
(d) the manner and form in which books and records are to be maintained by the land registry offices;
(e) the effects of registering a right or interest, including priorities;
(f) the registering of surveys of Category IA or IA-N land;
(g) the cancellation of instruments registered in the land registry system; and
(h) the keeping by the land registry offices of non-registrable documents for the purpose of facilitating the management or administration of Category IA or IA-N land or of buildings situated thereon.
- Date modified: