Marginal note:Possession for purpose of weapons trafficking
100. (1) Every person commits an offence who possesses a firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device, any ammunition or any prohibited ammunition for the purpose of
(a) transferring it, whether or not for consideration, or
(b) offering to transfer it,
knowing that the person is not authorized to transfer it under the Firearms Act or any other Act of Parliament or any regulations made under any Act of Parliament.
(2) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years and to a minimum punishment of imprisonment for a term of one year.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 100;
- R.S., 1985, c. 11 (1st Supp.), s. 2, c. 27 (1st Supp.), ss. 14, 203, c. 27 (2nd Supp.), s. 10, c. 1 (4th Supp.), s. 18(F);
- 1990, c. 16, s. 2, c. 17, s. 8;
- 1991, c. 40, s. 12;
- 1992, c. 51, s. 33;
- 1995, c. 22, ss. 10, 18(F), c. 39, s. 139;
- 1996, c. 19, s. 65.
- Date modified: