Marginal note:Remuneration and expenses for directors
12. (1) From the funds of the Foundation, the directors
(a) may be paid remuneration that is fixed by the Foundation’s by-laws; and
(b) are entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by them in the performance of their duties under this Act while absent from their ordinary place of residence.
Marginal note:Directors not to profit
(2) Except as provided under subsection (1), no director shall profit or gain any income or acquire any property from the Foundation or its activities.
Marginal note:Members of the corporation
13. (1) The persons who are members of the corporation cease to be members of the corporation.
Marginal note:Appointing of members
(1.1) There shall be 15 members of the Foundation.
Marginal note:First members
(2) The Governor in Council shall without delay appoint seven persons as members of the Foundation, on the recommendation of the Minister, as proposed by the Minister of Natural Resources and the Minister of the Environment, after consultation with the Minister of Industry.
Marginal note:First meeting
(3) As soon as possible after the appointment of the seven members under subsection (2), the Minister shall make arrangements for a first meeting of those members.
Marginal note:Appointing balance of first members
(4) At the first meeting of the seven members appointed under subsection (2), or at a meeting held as soon after that meeting as possible, those members shall appoint eight further members of the Foundation.
Marginal note:Appointment of first directors under paragraph 9(2)(c)
(5) The members shall appoint the first directors under paragraph 9(2)(c) at a meeting held as soon as possible after the eight further members are appointed under subsection (4).
Marginal note:Appointment of successor members
(6) The appointment of a person as a member to succeed a person whose term as a member expires shall be made by the members at a meeting of members.
Marginal note:Filling vacancies
(7) The appointment of a person as a member to fill a vacancy in the membership caused by a person ceasing to be a member before the member’s term as a member expires shall be made by the members at a meeting of members.
Marginal note:Eligibility for members
(8) A person is not eligible to be appointed as a member if the person
(a) is a member of the Senate, the House of Commons or the legislature of a province;
(b) is an employee or agent of Her Majesty in right of Canada or in right of a province;
(c) is a director;
(d) does not ordinarily reside in Canada; or
(e) is disqualified under subsection 105(1) of the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- 2001, c. 23, ss. 13, 39.
- Date modified: