Marginal note:Exclusion from hearing
27. The Review Board may exclude any person not directly interested in a matter being heard before it from the hearing unless, where the matter is in respect of an object in respect of which an application for an export permit has been made, the applicant for the permit requests that the hearing be held in public, in which case it shall be so held.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 22.
Marginal note:Review Board shall dispose of matters informally and expeditiously
28. The Review Board shall dispose of any matter before it as informally and expeditiously as, in its opinion, the circumstances and considerations of fairness will permit.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 22.
Review of Applications for Export Permits
Marginal note:Request for review by Review Board
29. (1) Any person who receives a notice of refusal under section 13 or a notice under section 15 may, within thirty days after the date on which the notice was sent, by notice in writing given to the Review Board, request a review of his application for an export permit by the Review Board.
Marginal note:Review to be held within four months
(2) The Review Board shall review an application for an export permit and, unless the circumstances of a particular case require otherwise, render its decision within four months after the date a request is received under subsection (1).
Marginal note:Determination of the Review Board
(3) In reviewing an application for an export permit, the Review Board shall determine whether the object in respect of which the application was made
(a) is included in the Control List;
(b) is of outstanding significance for one or more of the reasons set out in paragraph 11(1)(a); and
(c) meets the degree of national importance referred to in paragraph 11(1)(b).
Marginal note:Object that does not meet criteria
(4) Where the Review Board determines that an object fails to meet one or more of the criteria set out in subsection (3), it shall direct a permit officer to issue an export permit forthwith in respect of the object.
Marginal note:Object that meets criteria
(5) Where the Review Board determines that an object meets all of the criteria set out in subsection (3), it shall,
(a) if it is of the opinion that a fair offer to purchase the object might be made by an institution or public authority in Canada within six months after the date of its determination, establish a delay period of not less than two months and not more than six months during which the Review Board will not direct that an export permit be issued in respect of the object; or
(b) in any other case, direct a permit officer to issue an export permit forthwith in respect of the object.
Marginal note:Notification of delay period
(6) Where the Review Board establishes a delay period under paragraph (5)(a) in respect of an object, the Board shall give written notice of the delay period to the person who has applied for an export permit in respect of the object and to the Minister, which notice shall include the reasons for the determination of the Board that the object meets all of the criteria set out in subsection (3).
(7) The Minister, on receiving notice of a delay period under subsection (6), shall advise such institutions and public authorities in Canada as the Minister sees fit of the delay period and of the object in respect of which the delay period was established.
- 1974-75-76, c. 50, s. 23.
- Date modified: