Marginal note:References to Canadian International Trade Tribunal
70. (1) The President may refer to the Canadian International Trade Tribunal for its opinion any questions relating to the origin, tariff classification or value for duty of any goods or class of goods.
(2) Sections 67 and 68 apply in respect of a reference made pursuant to this section as if the reference were an appeal taken pursuant to section 67.
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (2nd Supp.), s. 70, c. 47 (4th Supp.), s. 52;
- 1997, c. 36, s. 171;
- 1999, c. 17, s. 127;
- 2005, c. 38, s. 85.
Marginal note:Special provisions
71. (1) If the release of goods is refused because the goods have been determined to be prohibited goods classified under tariff item No. 9899.00.00 of the List of Tariff Provisions set out in the schedule to the Customs Tariff, re-determination or further re-determination may be requested under section 60 or made under section 61 and appeals may be taken under sections 67 and 68 in respect of the determination, subject to the following modifications:
(a) subparagraph 61(1)(a)(iii) and paragraph 61(1)(c) are deemed to include a reference to the court; and
(b) in sections 67 and 68, the expression “court” is deemed to be substituted for the expression “Canadian International Trade Tribunal” and the expression “clerk of the court” is deemed to be substituted for the expression “Secretary of the Canadian International Trade Tribunal”.
(2) In this section,
“clerk of the court”
« greffier du tribunal »
“clerk of the court” means the clerk of the Supreme Court, Superior Court of Justice in and for the Province of Ontario, Superior Court, Court of Queen’s Bench or county or district court, as the case may be;
« tribunal »
(a) in the Province of Ontario, the Superior Court of Justice,
(b) in the Province of Quebec, the Superior Court,
(c) in the Provinces of Nova Scotia and British Columbia, in Yukon and in the Northwest Territories, the Supreme Court,
(d) in the Provinces of New Brunswick, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta, the Court of Queen’s Bench,
(e) [Repealed, 1992, c. 51, s. 44]
(f) in the Provinces of Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland, the Trial Division of the Supreme Court, and
(g) in Nunavut, the Nunavut Court of Justice.
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (2nd Supp.), s. 71, c. 41 (3rd Supp.), s. 120, c. 47 (4th Supp.), s. 52;
- 1990, c. 16, s. 8, c. 17, s. 16;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 61, c. 51, s. 44;
- 1997, c. 36, s. 172;
- 1998, c. 30, ss. 12, 14;
- 1999, c. 3, s. 59;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 152.
- Date modified: