Marginal note:Incorporation by reference
164.1 A regulation made under this Act may incorporate by reference any material regardless of its source and either as it exists on a particular date or as amended from time to time.
- 2009, c. 10, s. 17.
Marginal note:Prohibition or regulation of importation
165. Where at any time it appears to the satisfaction of the Governor in Council on a report from the Minister that goods, the exportation of which from any country is the subject of an arrangement or commitment between the Government of Canada and the government of that country, are being imported in a manner that circumvents the arrangement or commitment, the Governor in Council may, by regulation, prohibit or otherwise control the importation of goods to which the arrangement or commitment relates.
Marginal note:Bonds and security
166. (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing the amount or authorizing the Minister to determine the amount of any bond, security or deposit required to be given under this Act or the regulations; and
(b) prescribing the nature and the terms and conditions of any such bond, security or deposit.
(2) All bonds required under this Act shall be in a form satisfactory to the Minister.
Marginal note:Special services
167. (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations prescribing
(a) what services performed by officers at the request of a person in charge of imported goods or goods destined for exportation shall be considered to be special services;
(b) the charges, if any, that are payable for special services by the person requesting them; and
(c) the terms and conditions on which special services shall be performed, including the taking of such bonds or other security as may be prescribed.
Marginal note:Deeming provision
(2) Anything that is required under this Act or the regulations to be done at a customs office, sufferance warehouse, bonded warehouse or duty free shop that is done at another place as a result of a special service shall be deemed, for the purposes of this Act or the regulations, to have been done at a customs office, sufferance warehouse, bonded warehouse or duty free shop, as the case may be.
Marginal note:Retroactive effect
167.1 Where a regulation made under a provision of this Act provides that the regulation is to come into force on a day earlier than the day it is registered under section 6 of the Statutory Instruments Act, the regulation shall come into force on that earlier day if the regulation
(a) has a relieving effect only;
(b) gives effect, in whole or in part, to a public announcement made on or before that earlier day;
(c) corrects an ambiguous or deficient enactment that was not made in accordance with the objects of this Act or the regulations made by the Governor in Council under this Act; or
(d) is consequential on an amendment to this Act that is applicable before the day the regulation is registered under section 6 of the Statutory Instruments Act.
- 1992, c. 28, s. 31.
- Date modified: