277. (1) A signature required on a certificate issued by the Director under this Act may be printed or otherwise mechanically reproduced on the certificate.
Marginal note:Execution of documents
(2) Any articles, notice, resolution, requisition, statement or other document required or permitted to be executed or signed by more than one individual for the purposes of this Act may be executed or signed in several documents of similar form, each of which is executed or signed by one or more of the individuals. The documents, when duly executed or signed by all individuals required or permitted, as the case may be, to do so, are deemed to constitute one document for the purposes of this Act.
Marginal note:Annual return
278. Every corporation shall send to the Director an annual return in the form and within the period that the Director fixes.
279. (1) A person who has paid the required fee is entitled during usual business hours to examine and make copies of or take extracts from a document required by this Act or the regulations to be sent to the Director, except
(a) extracts obtained under subsection 24(1);
(b) a members or debt obligation holders list obtained under subsection 24(2);
(c) a copy of the documents obtained under section 177; and
(d) a report obtained under subsection 248(2).
Marginal note:Copies or extracts
(2) The Director shall, on request, furnish any person with a copy, extract, certified copy or certified extract of a document that may be examined under subsection (1).
Marginal note:Payment of fees
280. A fee in respect of the receipt or copying of any document shall be paid to the Director on the reception or copying, and a fee in respect of the acceptance, examination or issuance of any document or in respect of any action that the Director is required or authorized to take under this Act shall be paid to the Director before the acceptance, examination or issuance or the taking of the action.
Marginal note:Appointment of Director
281. The Minister shall appoint a Director and may appoint one or more Deputy Directors to carry out the duties and exercise the powers of the Director under this Act.
Marginal note:Content and form of notices and documents
282. The Director may establish the requirements for the content and fix the form, including electronic or other forms, of notices and other documents sent to or issued by the Director under this Act, including
(a) the notices and documents that may be transmitted in electronic or other form;
(b) the persons or classes of persons who may sign or transmit the notices and documents;
(c) their signature in electronic or other form, or the actions that are to have the same effect for the purposes of this Act as their signature;
(d) the time and circumstances when electronic notices and documents are to be considered to be sent or received, and the place where they are considered to have been sent or received; and
(e) any matter necessary for the purposes of the application of this section.
- Date modified: