Functions of Board
Marginal note:Functions of Board
18. (1) The Board shall, in addition to performing the duties and functions conferred or imposed on the Board by or pursuant to this Act, perform such duties and functions as are conferred or imposed on it by the Accord, to the extent that such duties and functions are not inconsistent with this Act or any regulations made thereunder.
Marginal note:Proposed amendments
(2) The Board may make recommendations to both governments with respect to proposed amendments to this Act, the Provincial Act, any regulations made under those Acts and to any other legislation relating to petroleum resource activities in the offshore area.
Marginal note:Access to information by governments
19. (1) The Federal Minister and the Provincial Minister are entitled to access to any information or documentation relating to petroleum resource activities in the offshore area that is provided for the purposes of this Act or any regulation made thereunder and such information or documentation shall, on the request of either Minister, be disclosed to that Minister without requiring the consent of the party who provided the information or documentation.
Marginal note:Applicable provision
(2) Section 122 applies, with such modifications as the circumstances require, in respect of any disclosure of information or documentation or the production or giving of evidence relating thereto by a Minister as if the references in that section to the administration or enforcement of a Part of this Act included references to the administration or enforcement of the Provincial Act or any Part thereof.
Marginal note:Summary of applications of fundamental decisions to Ministers
(3) The Board shall require every person who makes an application in respect of which a fundamental decision is to be made by the Board to give, forthwith after making the application, a written summary of the application to both Ministers.
Marginal note:Location of offices and staff
20. The principal office and staff of the Board shall be located in the Province.
Marginal note:Storage of information
21. (1) The Board shall have responsibility for the storage and curatorship, in a facility in the Province, of all geophysical and geological records and reports, reports respecting wells and materials recovered from wells in the offshore area and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, drill cuttings, fluid samples, hydrocarbon samples and cores recovered from wells in the offshore area.
Marginal note:Board to furnish samples to Ministers
(2) The Board shall, at the request of the Federal Minister or the Provincial Minister,
(a) furnish that Minister with a sample of any material referred to in subsection (1), or
(b) where it is not possible to produce a sample of such material, provide that Minister with all or a portion of such material, subject to it being returned to the facility referred to in subsection (1),
if the material is to be permanently retained at the facility referred to in subsection (1).
- Date modified: