Marginal note:Technical defects in unitization order
183. A unitization order is not invalid by reason only of the absence of notice or of any irregularities in giving notice to any owner in respect of the application for the order or any proceedings leading to the making of the order.
Marginal note:Amending unitization order
184. (1) A unitization order may be amended on the application of a working interest owner, but before amending a unitization order the Committee shall hold a hearing at which all interested parties shall have an opportunity to be heard.
Marginal note:Voluntary proposal for amendment by owners
(2) If the Committee finds that, at the date of the commencement of a hearing of an application for the amendment of a unitization order, one or more working interest owners who own in the aggregate sixty-five per cent or more of the total working interests and one or more royalty interest owners who own in the aggregate sixty-five per cent or more of the total royalty interests in the unit area have consented to the proposed amendment, the Committee may amend the unitization order in accordance with the amendment proposed.
Marginal note:Protection of tract participation ratios
185. No amendment shall be made under section 184 that will alter the ratios between the tract participations of those tracts that were qualified for inclusion in the unit area before the commencement of the hearing, and, for the purposes of this section, the tract participations shall be those indicated in the unit agreement when it became subject to a unitization order.
Marginal note:Production prohibited except in accord with unitization order
186. After the date on which a unitization order comes into effect and while the order remains in force, no person shall carry on any operations within the unit area for the purpose of drilling for or producing petroleum from the unitized zone, except in accordance with the provisions of the unit agreement and the unit operating agreement.
Marginal note:How percentages of interests to be determined
187. The percentages of interests referred to in subsections 179(1), 181(2), 182(2) and 184(2) shall be determined
(a) as to royalty interests, on a prorated area basis; and
(b) as to working interests, on the basis of tract participations shown in the unit agreement.
Marginal note:Pooled spacing unit included in unit area
188. (1) A pooled spacing unit that has been pooled pursuant to a pooling order and on which a well has been drilled may be included in a unit area as a single unit tract and the Committee may make such amendments to the pooling order as it deems necessary to remove any conflict between the provisions of the pooling order and the provisions of the unit agreement, or the unit operating agreement or the unitization order, if any.
Marginal note:Effect of including pooled spacing unit in unit area
(2) Where a pooled spacing unit is included in a unit area pursuant to subsection (1), the provisions of the unit agreement, the unit operating agreement and the unitization order, if any, prevail over the provisions of the pooling order in the event of a conflict.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (2),
(a) the share of the unit production that is allocated to the pooled spacing unit shall in turn be allocated to the separately owned tracts in the pooled spacing unit on the same basis and in the same proportion as production actually obtained from the pooled spacing unit would have been shared under the pooling order;
(b) the costs and expenses of the unit operation that are allocated to the pooled spacing unit shall be shared and borne by the owners of the working interests therein on the same basis and in the same proportion as would apply under the pooling order; and
(c) the credits allocated under a unit operating agreement to a pooled spacing unit for adjustment of investment for wells and equipment thereon shall be shared by the owners of the working interests therein in the same proportion as would apply to the sharing of production under the pooling order.
- Date modified: