Marginal note:Access to books and accounts
29. Subject to subsection 19(2), both the Federal Minister and the Provincial Minister are entitled to have access to the books and accounts of the Board.
Marginal note:Annual report
30. (1) The Board shall, in respect of each fiscal year, prepare a report in both official languages of Canada and submit it to the Federal Minister and the Provincial Minister not later than ninety days after the expiration of that fiscal year.
Marginal note:Contents of report
(2) The annual report submitted pursuant to subsection (1) shall contain an audited financial statement and a description of the activities of the Board during the fiscal year covered by the report.
Marginal note:Tabling of report
(3) The Federal Minister shall cause the annual report referred to in this section to be laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first fifteen days on which that House is sitting after the day on which the report is submitted to the Federal Minister.
Decisions in Relation to Offshore Management
Marginal note:Board’s decisions final
31. Subject to this Act, the exercise of a power or the performance of a duty by the Board pursuant to this Act is final and not subject to the review or approval of either government or either Minister.
Marginal note:Notice to Ministers of fundamental decisions
32. (1) Forthwith after making a fundamental decision, the Board shall give written notice of the decision to the Federal Minister and the Provincial Minister.
Marginal note:Public notice of fundamental decisions
(2) The Board shall cause a fundamental decision to be published
(a) thirty days after receipt by both Ministers of a notice of the fundamental decision pursuant to subsection (1), or
(b) when the fundamental decision is implemented,
whichever occurs earlier.
Marginal note:Suspension of implementation of fundamental decision
33. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a fundamental decision shall not be implemented
(a) before the expiration of thirty days after receipt by both Ministers of a notice of the fundamental decision pursuant to subsection 32(1) and any further period during which the implementation of the decision is suspended pursuant to section 34 or during which, pursuant to section 35, the decision may be set aside, the setting aside may be overruled or a determination may be made by the National Energy Board; or
(b) if the decision has been conclusively set aside.
Marginal note:Exception where approval of both Ministers
(2) A fundamental decision may be implemented before the expiration of the periods referred to in paragraph (1)(a) where the Board is advised, in writing, that both the Federal Minister and the Provincial Minister approve that decision.
Marginal note:Decision to be implemented on expiration of delays
(3) Where, on the expiration of the periods referred to in paragraph (1)(a), a fundamental decision of the Board has not been conclusively set aside, that decision shall be implemented forthwith by the Board.
- Date modified: