Marginal note:Aboriginal rights
3. Nothing in this Act shall be construed so as to abrogate or derogate from any existing aboriginal or treaty rights of the aboriginal peoples of Canada under section 35 of the Constitution Act, 1982.
Manner of Giving Notices
Marginal note:Giving notice
4. Where a notice is required to be given under this Act or the regulations, it shall be given in such form and manner as may be prescribed and shall contain such information as may be prescribed.
- R.S., 1985, c. 36 (2nd Supp.), s. 4;
- 1992, c. 1, s. 144(F).
Application of Act
5. This Act applies to all frontier lands.
Marginal note:Binding on Her Majesty
6. This Act is binding on Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province.
Designations and Appointments
7. The Minister may designate any person to exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions under this Act that are specified in the designation and on that designation that person may exercise those powers and shall perform those duties and functions subject to such terms and conditions, if any, as are specified in the designation.
Marginal note:Advisory bodies
8. (1) The Minister may from time to time appoint and fix the terms of reference of such advisory bodies as the Minister considers appropriate to advise the Minister with respect to such matters relating to the administration or operation of this Act or the Canada Oil and Gas Operations Act as are referred to them by the Minister.
(2) The members of any advisory body appointed under subsection (1) may be paid for their services such remuneration and expenses as are fixed by the Governor in Council.
- R.S., 1985, c. 36 (2nd Supp.), s. 8;
- 1992, c. 35, s. 34.
Marginal note:Appointment of representative
9. (1) Where an interest owner consists of two or more holders, those holders shall, in the manner prescribed, appoint one of their number to act as representative of the interest owner for the purposes of this Act, but the holders may, with the consent of the Minister, appoint different representatives for different purposes.
Marginal note:Designation of representative
(2) In the event that an interest owner consisting of two or more holders fails to appoint a representative for any of the purposes of this Act, the Minister may designate one of those holders as the representative of the interest owner for those purposes.
Marginal note:Acts or omissions of representative binding
(3) An interest owner is bound by the acts or omissions of the appointed or designated representative of that interest owner with respect to any matter to which the authority of the representative extends.
Marginal note:Duties of representative
(4) A representative of an interest owner appointed or designated under this section shall perform the duties in respect of the purposes for which he has been appointed or designated, and any operating agreement or other similar arrangement in force in respect of the relevant interest of that interest owner stands varied or amended to the extent necessary to give effect to this subsection.
- Date modified: