107. (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations for carrying out the purposes and provisions of this Act and, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, may make regulations
(a) not inconsistent with the Canada Lands Surveys Act authorizing or requiring the survey, division and subdivision of frontier lands and defining and describing those divisions and subdivisions;
(b) prescribing the information and documentation to be provided by interest owners and interest holders for the purposes of this Act, the time when and manner in which such information and documentation is to be provided, authorizing the Minister to prescribe the form in which it is to be provided and requiring such information and documentation to be provided in accordance with the regulations;
(c) requiring fees and deposits to be paid in respect of interests, prescribing the amounts of such fees and deposits, the time and manner of their payment and providing for the administration of such fees and deposits and the disposition and return of deposits; and
(d) prescribing any other matter or thing that by this Act is to be prescribed or that is to be done by regulations.
Marginal note:Publication of proposed regulations
(2) Subject to subsection (3), a copy of each regulation that the Governor in Council proposes to make under this Act shall be published in the Canada Gazette and a reasonable opportunity shall be afforded to interested persons to make representations to the Minister with respect thereto.
Marginal note:Single publication required
(3) No proposed regulation need be published more than once under subsection (2) whether or not it is altered or amended after such publication as a result of representations made by interested persons as provided in that subsection.
108. (1) The Minister may prescribe any form or any information to be given on a form that is by this Act or the regulations to be prescribed and may include on any form so prescribed a declaration, to be signed by the person completing the form, declaring that the information given by that person on the form is, to the best of his knowledge, true, accurate and complete.
Marginal note:Forms prescribed or authorized
(2) Every form purporting to be a form prescribed or authorized by the Minister shall be deemed to be a form prescribed by the Minister under this Act unless called in question by the Minister or some person acting for the Minister or Her Majesty.
Marginal note:Forms not regulations
(3) Where a form or information to be given on a form is prescribed by the Minister pursuant to this Act, it shall be deemed not to be a regulation within the meaning of the Statutory Instruments Act.
Report to Parliament
Marginal note:Report to Parliament
109. The Minister shall, within ninety days after the end of each year, cause to be prepared a report with respect to the administration of this Act during that year, and shall cause the report to be laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first fifteen days on which that House is sitting after the day the report is prepared.
- Date modified: