GENERAL RULES RELATING TO ISSUANCE OF INTERESTS
Authority to Issue Interests
Marginal note:Authority to issue interests
13. (1) The Minister may issue interests in respect of any frontier lands in accordance with this Act and the regulations.
Marginal note:Application of interest may be limited
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the application of any interest may be restricted to such geological formations and to such substances as may be specified in the interest.
Marginal note:Non-retrospective effect of subsection (2)
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any interest
(a) that is in force or in respect of which negotiations were completed before or on the coming into force of this section in relation to any frontier lands; or
(b) that immediately succeeds an interest referred to in paragraph (a) in relation to those lands where those lands were not Crown reserve lands on the expiration of the interest referred to in paragraph (a).
Issuance of Interests in Relation to Crown Reserve Lands
Marginal note:Calls for bids
14. (1) Subject to section 17, the Minister shall not issue an interest in relation to Crown reserve lands unless
(a) prior thereto, the Minister has made a call for bids in relation to those Crown reserve lands by publishing a notice in accordance with this section and section 19; and
(b) the interest is issued to the person who submitted, in response to the call, the bid selected by the Minister in accordance with subsection 15(1).
Marginal note:Requests for postings of frontier lands
(2) Any request received by the Minister to make a call for bids in relation to particular frontier lands shall be considered by the Minister in selecting the frontier lands to be specified in a call for bids.
Marginal note:Contents of call
(3) A call for bids shall specify
(a) the interest to be issued and the frontier lands to which the interest is to apply;
(b) where applicable, the geological formations and substances to which the interest is to apply;
(c) the other terms and conditions subject to which the interest is to be issued;
(d) any terms and conditions that a bid must satisfy to be considered by the Minister;
(e) the form and manner in which a bid is to be submitted;
(f) subject to subsection (4), the closing date for the submission of bids; and
(g) the sole criterion that the Minister will apply in assessing bids submitted in response to the call.
Marginal note:Time of publishing call
(4) Unless otherwise prescribed, a call for bids shall be published at least one hundred and twenty days before the closing date for the submission of bids specified in the call.
Marginal note:Selection of bid
15. (1) A bid submitted in response to a call for bids shall not be selected unless
(a) the bid satisfies the terms and conditions and is submitted in the form and manner specified in the call; and
(b) the selection is made on the basis of the criterion specified in the call.
Marginal note:Publication of bid selected
(2) Where the Minister selects a bid submitted in response to a call for bids, the Minister shall publish a notice in accordance with section 19 setting out the terms and conditions of that bid.
Marginal note:Interest to be consistent with bid
(3) Where an interest is to be issued as a result of a call for bids, the terms and conditions of the interest shall be substantially consistent with any terms and conditions in respect of the interest specified in the call.
Marginal note:Publication of terms and conditions of interest
(4) The Minister shall publish a notice in accordance with section 19 setting out the terms and conditions of any interest issued as a result of a call for bids as soon as practicable after the issuance thereof.
- Date modified: