Marginal note:Legal proceedings
7. Actions, suits or proceedings in respect of any right or obligation that a corporation incorporated under section 6 acquires or incurs on behalf of Her Majesty, whether in its name or in the name of Her Majesty, may be brought or taken by or against the corporation in the name of the corporation in any court that would have jurisdiction if the corporation were not an agent of Her Majesty.
- R.S., c. D-2, s. 6.
8. The accounts of a corporation incorporated under section 6 shall be audited by the Auditor General of Canada.
- R.S., c. D-2, s. 6.
Marginal note:Minister may contract with corporation
9. (1) Notwithstanding that a corporation is an agent of Her Majesty, the Minister may, on behalf of Her Majesty, enter into a contract under this Act with the corporation as if it were not an agent of Her Majesty.
Marginal note:Contract with person to act as agent of Her Majesty
(2) The Minister may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, enter into a contract with a person authorizing that person to act, under the control and direction of the Minister, as an agent of Her Majesty, for any of the purposes for which the Minister is authorized to act on behalf of Her Majesty under this Act.
- R.S., c. D-2, s. 7.
Powers and Duties of the Minister
Marginal note:Powers relating to all departments
10. (1) Subject to this Act, the Minister may exercise the powers conferred by this Act on the Minister in relation to defence supplies or defence projects required for the purposes of any department in, or portion of, the federal public administration.
Marginal note:Powers relating to National Defence
(2) The Minister shall have exclusive authority to buy or otherwise acquire defence supplies and construct defence projects required by the Department of National Defence, except
(a) defence projects to be constructed by persons in the employ of Her Majesty; and
(b) such defence supplies or defence projects as the Minister of National Defence or any other Minister designated by the Governor in Council may procure or construct at the request of the Minister.
Marginal note:Powers conferred by other Acts
(3) The Minister may exercise powers and carry out duties and functions conferred or imposed on the Minister by or pursuant to any other Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. D-1, s. 10;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 158(E).
Marginal note:Acts on behalf of associated government
11. The Minister, if authorized by the Governor in Council to do so, may do or undertake, on behalf of an associated government, any act or thing that the Minister is authorized to do or undertake by this Act on behalf of Her Majesty.
- R.S., c. D-2, s. 9.
- Date modified: