Diplomatic Service (Special) Superannuation Act
Marginal note:Election not to contribute under section 6
11. (1) A Public Official who is not a contributor under the Public Service Superannuation Act may elect in writing within one year after his appointment to a Public Office not to contribute under section 6, and on so electing he shall, notwithstanding that section, not be required to contribute under that section.
(2) A Public Official is not required to contribute under the Public Service Superannuation Act by reason of an election made by him under subsection (1).
Marginal note:Return of contributions
(3) A Public Official who has made an election under this section and who has made contributions under section 6 is entitled to a return of the total amount of those contributions without interest.
Marginal note:Election irrevocable
(4) An election made under this section is irrevocable.
Marginal note:Where sections 5, 6, 9 and 9.1 do not apply
(5) Sections 5 and 6 do not apply to a Public Official who has made an election under this section, and sections 9 and 9.1 do not apply to the spouse, common-law partner or survivor of a Public Official who has made an election under this section.
- R.S., 1985, c. D-2, s. 11;
- 2000, c. 12, s. 103.
- Date modified: