Excise Tax Act
81.34 (1) On application, the Tribunal or Federal Court may make an order permitting any person to intervene in an appeal or a reference to it under this Part as a party thereto, if it is satisfied that the applicant has a substantial and direct interest in the subject-matter of the appeal or reference.
(2) On application, the Tribunal or Federal Court may make an order permitting any person to render assistance to it by way of argument in an appeal or a reference to it under this Part, but such person shall not be added as a party thereto.
(3) The Tribunal or Federal Court may impose such terms and conditions as it deems appropriate in connection with an order under this section.
(4) An application under subsection (1) shall be made by filing a notice of the application with the Tribunal or Court, as the case may be, and serving a copy of the notice on the parties to the appeal or reference at least fourteen days before the application is returnable.
Marginal note:Matters considered
(5) The Tribunal or Court, in any application under this section, shall consider the possibility of undue delay or prejudice or any other matter that it deems appropriate in exercising its discretion pursuant to this section.
- NOTE: Application provisions are not included in the consolidated text;
- see relevant amending Acts. R.S., 1985, c. 7 (2nd Supp.), s. 38, c. 47 (4th Supp.), s. 52;
- 2002, c. 8, s. 183.
- Date modified: