Marginal note:Prohibition — transfer of contributions
476. No registered agent of a registered party, financial agent of a registered association or financial agent of a nomination contestant shall transfer funds to a candidate after polling day except to pay claims related to the candidate’s electoral campaign.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 476;
- 2003, c. 19, s. 56.
Supply and Use of Forms
Marginal note:Prescribed forms — Income Tax Act
Marginal note:Provision of forms to candidates
478. (1) A returning officer shall provide each candidate in his or her electoral district with a reasonable number of copies of each form requested by the candidate or by his or her official agent.
Marginal note:Return of unused forms
(2) A candidate and his or her official agent shall return any unused forms referred to in section 477 within a month after polling day.
Marginal note:Designated forms
(3) The Chief Electoral Officer may, from among forms that are to be provided under subsection (1), designate those that may only be provided to the official agent of a candidate whose nomination has been confirmed under subsection 71(1).
Nomination Contest Report and Financial Administration of Nomination Contestants
Nomination Contest Report
478.01 The definitions in this section apply in this Division.
« dépense personnelle »
“personal expenses” means the expenses that are reasonably incurred by or on behalf of a nomination contestant in relation to a nomination campaign and include
(a) travel and living expenses;
(b) childcare expenses;
(c) expenses relating to the provision of care for a person with a physical or mental incapacity for whom the contestant normally provides such care; and
(d) in the case of a contestant who has a disability, additional personal expenses that are related to the disability.
« date de désignation »
“selection date” means the date on which a nomination contest is decided.
- 2003, c. 19, s. 57.
Marginal note:Notice of nomination contest
478.02 (1) When a nomination contest is held, the registered party, or the registered association if the contest was held by the registered association, shall, within 30 days after the selection date, file with the Chief Electoral Officer a report setting out
(a) the name of the electoral district, the registered association and the registered party that the nomination contest concerns;
(b) the date on which the nomination contest began and the selection date;
(c) the name and address of each nomination contestant as of the selection date and of his or her financial agent; and
(d) the name of the person selected in the nomination contest.
(2) The Chief Electoral Officer shall, in the manner that he or she considers appropriate, communicate to each nomination contestant the information related to that contestant that was reported under subsection (1).
(3) The Chief Electoral Officer shall, in the manner that he or she considers appropriate, publish a notice containing the information referred to in subsection (1).
- 2003, c. 19, s. 57.
- Date modified: