Marginal note:Duties of Minister of National Defence
201. On being informed of the issue of the writs, the Minister of National Defence shall designate one or more electors to act as liaison officers for the vote.
Marginal note:Duties of coordinating officer
202. On being informed of the issue of the writs, the coordinating officer shall
(a) inform each commanding officer of their issue; and
(b) inform the Chief Electoral Officer of the name and address of each liaison officer.
Marginal note:Duty of liaison officers to communicate with unit
203. (1) On being designated, a liaison officer shall communicate with each commanding officer in respect of whose unit the liaison officer has liaison duties, with respect to any matter that relates to the vote.
Marginal note:Duty to cooperate with Chief Electoral Officer
(2) A liaison officer shall cooperate with the Chief Electoral Officer in the administration of the vote.
Duties of Commanding Officers
204. (1) On being informed of the issue of the writs, each commanding officer shall
(a) publish a notice as a part of unit orders; and
(b) prepare a list of the names of the electors of his or her unit.
Marginal note:Contents of notice
(2) The notice shall notify electors that an election has been called and of the date of polling day and shall inform the electors that
(a) they may vote in accordance with this Division; and
(b) the commanding officer will designate one or more deputy returning officers to collect their votes and fix the voting times during the voting period.
Marginal note:Contents of list
(3) The list shall be arranged alphabetically and shall indicate each elector’s surname, given names, sex and rank, and
(a) if the elector’s statement of ordinary residence has been validated, the name of the elector’s electoral district; or
(b) if the elector’s statement of ordinary residence has not been validated, the place of ordinary residence as indicated in the statement of ordinary residence.
Marginal note:Duties of commanding officer
205. (1) Within seven days after being informed of the issue of the writs, each commanding officer shall
(a) establish polling stations;
(b) designate an elector as the deputy returning officer for each polling station;
(c) through a liaison officer, provide the Chief Electoral Officer with a list of the designated deputy returning officers and their ranks, and sufficient copies of the list of electors for the unit; and
(d) provide the designated deputy returning officers with a copy of the list of electors for the unit.
(2) Each commanding officer shall provide the facilities that are necessary to enable the electors to vote in accordance with this Division.
Marginal note:Voting times
(3) Each commanding officer shall fix the voting times so that the polling stations in his or her unit are open for at least three hours a day on at least three days during the voting period.
- Date modified: