288.01 The deputy returning officer shall place the form for each oath taken under subsection 143(3) or paragraph 161(1)(b) or 169(2)(b) in an envelope supplied for the purpose.
- 2014, c. 12, s. 62.
Marginal note:Periodic statements of electors who voted
288.1 The deputy returning officer shall place a copy of each document prepared for the purpose of paragraph 162(i.1) in an envelope supplied for the purpose.
- 2014, c. 12, s. 62.
Marginal note:Counting of votes on polling day
289. (1) The deputy returning officer of an advance poll shall, at the close of the polling stations on polling day, attend with the poll clerk at the place mentioned in the notice of advance poll in subparagraph 172(a)(iii) to count the votes.
Marginal note:Application of rules for counting votes
(2) Subsections 283(1) and (2), paragraphs 283(3)(e) and (f) and sections 284 to 288 apply with any necessary modifications to the counting of the votes of an advance poll except that
(a) for the application of paragraph 283(3)(e), the deputy returning officer shall open the ballot boxes and empty their contents onto a table; and
(b) for the application of subsection 288(4), the large envelope and the envelope that contains the copy of the statement of the vote shall be placed in the ballot box used on the last day of advance polling.
(3) No person shall make a count of the votes cast at an advance poll before the close of the polling stations on polling day.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 289;
- 2014, c. 12, s. 63.
Delivery of Ballot Boxes to Returning Officer
Marginal note:Sending ballot boxes and envelopes to returning officer
290. (1) The deputy returning officer for a polling station or an advance polling station shall, without delay after sealing the ballot box, send the box, with the envelope that contains the original statement of the vote, the envelope that contains the registration certificates, the envelope referred to in section 288.01 and, in the case of the deputy returning officer for a polling station, the envelope referred to in section 288.1 to the returning officer.
Marginal note:Collection of ballot boxes
(2) A returning officer may appoint persons to collect ballot boxes together with the envelopes referred to in subsection (1) from polling stations, and any person so appointed shall take the prescribed oath when he or she sends those materials to the returning officer.
- 2000, c. 9, s. 290;
- 2014, c. 12, s. 64.
- Date modified: