Marginal note:Contractor to provide facilities for testing
19. Every contractor shall provide free of charge,
(a) where the supply of electricity is undertaken by him, electricity, equipment and all reasonable facilities, and
(b) where the supply of gas is undertaken by him, gas, equipment and all reasonable facilities,
at such place or places as the director may designate for the purpose of making such tests of the electricity or gas and of any of the meters and other apparatus relating to that supply as the director deems necessary for the purposes of this Act.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 19.
Marginal note:Entry by accredited meter verifier or inspector exercising powers
20. Any premises may, at all reasonable times, be entered
(a) by any inspector, where on reasonable grounds he believes the entry to be required, for the purpose of exercising any power conferred on him by section 13 or 18; or
(b) by any accredited meter verifier, where on reasonable grounds he believes the entry to be required, for the purpose of executing, in respect of a meter on or in those premises, any functions relating or incidental to its verification or reverification.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 20.
Marginal note:Assistance to inspector or accredited meter verifier
21. The owner or person in charge of, and every person employed in, premises entered by an inspector or an accredited meter verifier pursuant to section 20 or subsection 26(6) shall give the inspector or accredited meter verifier all reasonable assistance in his power to enable the inspector or accredited meter verifier to execute his functions pursuant to this Act and shall furnish him with such information with respect to the administration of this Act and the regulations as he may reasonably require.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 21.
Marginal note:Direction to take meter out of service
22. (1) The director may, by notice in writing given in prescribed manner to the owner of any meter, require the withdrawal of the meter from service if the director, having regard to the requirements of this Act and the regulations with respect to that meter or to meters of its class, type or design, believes on reasonable grounds that the withdrawal is necessary.
Marginal note:Compliance with direction
(2) An owner to whom notice is given under subsection (1) shall forthwith take all reasonable steps to comply therewith.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 22.
Marginal note:Dispute procedure
23. (1) At the request of a contractor or purchaser who is dissatisfied with the condition or registration of any meter used in respect of electricity or gas supplied by or to him, an inspector shall proceed in prescribed manner and shall collect such payments, from such persons, at or within such times and for the provision of such services and facilities incidental to proceeding in that manner as are prescribed.
Marginal note:Duties of inspector
(2) Where an inspector proceeds in the matter of any request pursuant to subsection (1), he shall issue to each person directly concerned with the matter, including the owner of any meter tested by the inspector in the course of so proceeding, a certificate setting forth the inspector’s findings with respect to that matter and findings so set forth shall include the result of the test, if any.
Marginal note:Reference to director for reconsideration
(3) Where a person who is provided with a certificate of findings by an inspector pursuant to subsection (2) gives notice to the inspector within a prescribed time that he is dissatisfied with the findings, the inspector shall refer the matter to the director for reconsideration in prescribed manner.
Marginal note:Director’s decision final
(4) The decision of the director on a matter referred to him pursuant to subsection (3) is final and conclusive.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 87, s. 23.
- Date modified: