Marginal note:Powers, duties and functions of Minister
42. (1) The Minister is responsible for
(a) developing and conducting information programs to foster public understanding of this Act and to foster public recognition of the purpose of this Act;
(b) undertaking research related to the purpose of this Act;
(c) promoting, by any means that the Minister considers appropriate, the purpose of this Act;
(d) publishing and disseminating information, issuing guidelines and providing advice to private sector employers and employee representatives regarding the implementation of employment equity; and
(e) developing and conducting programs to recognize private sector employers for outstanding achievement in implementing employment equity.
Marginal note:Federal Contractors Program
(2) The Minister is responsible for the administration of the Federal Contractors Program for Employment Equity.
Marginal note:Labour market information
(3) The Minister shall make available to employers any relevant labour market information that the Minister has respecting designated groups in the Canadian workforce in order to assist employers in fulfilling their obligations under this Act.
- 1995, c. 44, s. 42;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 602.
43. The Minister may authorize those persons employed in the federal public administration whom the Minister considers to be appropriate to exercise any of the powers and perform any of the duties and functions that may be or are required to be exercised or performed by the Minister under this Act or the regulations, and any power exercised or duty or function performed by any person so authorized shall be deemed to have been exercised or performed by the Minister.
- 1995, c. 44, s. 43;
- 2003, c. 22, s. 224(E).
Marginal note:Review of operation of Act
44. (1) Five years after the coming into force of this Act, and at the end of every five year period thereafter, a comprehensive review of the provisions and operation of this Act including the effect of those provisions shall be undertaken by such committee of the House of Commons as may be designated or established by the House for that purpose.
Marginal note:Tabling of report
(2) A committee shall, within six months after the completion of a review referred to in subsection (1), submit a report on its review to the House of Commons including a statement of any changes the committee would recommend.
Marginal note:Compliance with certain provisions
45. The Treasury Board, the Public Service Commission and any person who is an employer to whom the Employment Equity Act, R.S., c. 23 (2nd Supp.), applied shall, within one year after the coming into force of this section, comply with sections 9 and 10 of this Act.
- Date modified: