Marginal note:Variation of order
34. (1) A court that has made an order under section 33 may, on application by the Attorney General of Canada or the person to whom the order applies, require that person to appear before it and may, after hearing that person and the Attorney General, make an order varying the original order in any manner the court considers appropriate, including an order
(a) extending the period for which the original order is to remain in force for a period not exceeding one year;
(b) decreasing the period for which the original order is to remain in force; or
(c) relieving that person, either absolutely or conditionally or for such period as the court considers appropriate, from compliance with any term of the original order.
(2) Where an application to vary an order has been heard under subsection (1), no other application may be made under that subsection in respect of that order except with leave of the court.
Marginal note:Offence and punishment
35. Every person who contravenes an order made under section 33 or 34
(a) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and liable to a fine not exceeding the maximum fine to which a person is liable on summary conviction for the original offence; or
(b) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to a fine not exceeding the maximum fine to which a person is liable on conviction on indictment for the original offence.
Report to Parliament
Marginal note:Annual report
36. (1) The Minister shall, as soon as possible after the end of each fiscal year, prepare and cause to be laid before each House of Parliament a report on the administration and enforcement of this Act for that year.
Marginal note:Comparison of energy efficiency standards
(2) Once every three years, in the report referred to in subsection (1), the Minister shall demonstrate the extent to which the energy efficiency standards prescribed under this Act are as stringent as comparable standards established by a province, the United Mexican States, the United States of America or a state of the United States of America.
- 1992, c. 36, s. 36;
- 2009, c. 8, s. 6.
Marginal note:Report on extent energy efficiency standards established
37. Within four years after the day on which this section comes into force, the Minister shall, in the report referred to in subsection 36(1), demonstrate the extent to which energy efficiency standards have been prescribed under this Act for all energy-using products whose use has a significant impact on energy consumption in Canada.
- 1992, c. 36, s. 37;
- 2009, c. 8, s. 7.
- Date modified: