Marginal note:Disclosure is not warranty
19. A disclosure relating to energy efficiency that is required to be made by a dealer under this Act in respect of tests conducted under this Act does not create an express or implied warranty by anyone, including Her Majesty in right of Canada, that the energy efficiency established by those tests will be achieved under conditions of actual use.
20. (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing as an energy-using product any manufactured product, or class of manufactured products, that is designed to operate using electricity, oil, natural gas or any other form or source of energy or that affects or controls energy consumption;
(b) prescribing energy efficiency standards for energy-using products or classes of energy-using products;
(c) respecting the labelling of energy-using products or their packages, or classes of energy-using products or their packages;
(d) providing for the testing of energy-using products to determine their energy efficiency;
(e) respecting the detention of things seized and detained under subsection 6(4) or 11(1); and
(f) respecting the disposition or destruction of anything forfeited under section 15, 16 or 17.
Marginal note:Incorporation by reference
(2) A regulation made under paragraph (1)(b) or (d) incorporating standards by reference may incorporate the standards as amended from time to time.
- 1992, c. 36, s. 20;
- 2009, c. 8, s. 5.
PROMOTION OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY AND ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES
Powers of Minister
Marginal note:Powers of Minister
21. The Minister may, for the purpose of promoting the efficient use of energy and the use of alternative energy sources,
(a) conduct, or cooperate with persons conducting, research, development, tests, demonstrations and studies;
(b) publish information, research or test results;
(c) assist, cooperate with, consult and enter into agreements with any person, including any department or agency of the Government of Canada or of any province;
(d) make grants and contributions; and
(e) undertake such other projects, programs and activities as in the Minister’s opinion advance that purpose.
22. The Governor in Council may make regulations requiring prescribed persons to file with the Minister, in the prescribed form and manner, at the prescribed time and for each prescribed reporting period, a report setting out prescribed statistics and information respecting
(a) the value, quantity, type and use of energy, including alternative energy, purchased, consumed or sold by that person;
(b) the expenditures of that person on the research, development, acquisition and operation of energy-using equipment and related technology; and
(c) the sales of prescribed energy-using products or classes of energy-using products by that person, including the revenue from, and geographic distribution of, the sales.
- Date modified: