Marginal note:Limitation period
34. Any proceedings by way of summary conviction in respect of an offence under this Part may be instituted at any time within but not later than one year after the time when the subject-matter of the proceedings arose.
- 1974-75-76, c. 47, s. 32.
35. The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing the records, books of account or other documents that are to be kept by any person who purchases or sells any crude oil or who enters into any transaction described in section 26 and the form and contents of the information to be maintained in those records, books of account and documents;
(b) prescribing the place in Canada where such records, books of account or other documents as are prescribed by the regulations are to be kept;
(c) respecting the determination of the value of crude oil in circumstances where no consideration, or no consideration in money, is given therefor; and
(d) providing for any matter or thing necessary to effect the purposes of this Part.
- 1974-75-76, c. 47, s. 33.
PART IVDOMESTIC GAS
36. (1) In this Part,
« consommation »
“consumption” means, in relation to gas, the action of using it as a fuel or energy source or consuming it in the manufacture of products of trade and commerce;
« zone extracôtière »
“offshore area” has the same meaning as in section 20;
« prix imposé »
“prescribed price” means, in relation to any kind of gas, a price that is prescribed by regulation under this Part for that kind of gas;
« prix »
“price” means the value in money for a quantity of gas;
« province pétrolière »
“producer-province” means a province in which the quantities of gas ordinarily produced, extracted, recovered or manufactured in that province in a month are such that a significant quantity of that gas is normally available for use outside that province in each month;
“province of production”
« province d’origine »
“province of production” means, in relation to any quantity of gas, the producer-province in which it was produced, extracted, recovered or manufactured.
Marginal note:Method of prescribing price
(2) A regulation made by the Governor in Council that prescribes a price at which a kind of gas is to be sold on or for delivery may
(a) fix a price for that gas;
(b) designate the prescribed price for that gas to be all the prices that are within a range of prices set out in the regulation;
(c) designate the prescribed price for that gas to be all the prices that do not exceed a maximum price set out in the regulation;
(d) designate the prescribed price for that gas to be a price that is determinable by reference to criteria or published information identified by the regulation; or
(e) designate the prescribed price for that gas to be a price that is established or calculable under a contract for the sale of the gas referred to in the regulation and that is on file with the Board.
Marginal note:Effect of regulation prescribing price
(3) A regulation referred to in subsection (2) may be conditional or unconditional, qualified or unqualified and may be general or restricted to a specific area, person, thing or kind or quantity of gas or to a group or class of persons, things, kinds or quantities.
Marginal note:References in regulations
(4) A reference in a regulation made under paragraph (2)(d) to criteria or published information shall, unless the regulation provides otherwise, be deemed to be a reference to the criteria or published information, as it is updated or published from time to time.
Marginal note:Confidential contract price
(5) A regulation made under paragraph (2)(e) need not specify the price that is established or calculable under a confidential contract between the parties thereto but need only identify the parties and the date of the contract.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-6, s. 36;
- R.S., 1985, c. 31 (2nd Supp.), s. 1.
- Date modified: