Marginal note:Copies of documents
97 A document purporting to be certified by the Minister to be a copy of a record, book, paper or other document made pursuant to paragraph 95(1)(b) or (d) is admissible in evidence in any prosecution for an offence under this Act and is, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, proof of the contents thereof.
- 1974-75-76, c. 47, s. 91.
Marginal note:Communication of privileged information
98 (1) Subject to this section, all information with respect to a person or business obtained by any person in the course of the administration of this Act is privileged and no person shall knowingly, except as provided in this Act, communicate or allow to be communicated to any person not legally entitled thereto any such information or allow any person not legally entitled thereto to inspect or have access to any such information.
Marginal note:Exception where request in writing
(2) Any information with respect to a person or business obtained by any person in the course of the administration of this Act may, on request in writing to the Minister by or on behalf of the person to which it relates or by or on behalf of the person or group of persons carrying on the business to which it relates, be communicated to any person or authority named in the request on such terms and conditions and under such circumstances as are approved by the Minister.
Marginal note:Evidence and production of documents
(3) Notwithstanding any other Act or law, no person employed in the administration of this Act shall be required, in connection with any legal proceedings, to give evidence relating to any information that is privileged under subsection (1) or to produce any statement or other writing containing that information.
Marginal note:Application of subsections (1) and (3)
(4) Subsections (1) and (3) do not apply in respect of legal proceedings relating to the administration or enforcement of this Act.
- 1974-75-76, c. 47, s. 92.
- Date modified: