55. The Board shall administer this Part on behalf of the Minister and shall perform such other duties and functions as the Minister may assign to it.
- 1974-75-76, c. 47, s. 65.
PETROLEUM COMPENSATION CHARGE
56. In this Part,
« pétrole domestique »
“domestic petroleum” means petroleum from a natural reservoir in Canada and petroleum produced, extracted, recovered or manufactured in Canada otherwise than from a natural reservoir;
« pétrole étranger »
“foreign petroleum” means petroleum other than domestic petroleum;
« importer »
“import” has the same meaning as it has for the purposes of the Customs Act;
« pétrole »
“petroleum” means any hydrocarbon or mixture of hydrocarbons other than gas;
« produit pétrolier »
“petroleum product” means a product that is designated as a petroleum product by regulations under paragraph 64(a).
- R.S., 1985, c. E-6, s. 56;
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (2nd Supp.), s. 213.
Marginal note:Imposition of charge
57. (1) There shall be imposed, levied and collected on
(a) each cubic metre of domestic petroleum received for processing or consumption in Canada, and
(b) each cubic metre of foreign petroleum or petroleum product imported into Canada for processing, consumption, sale or other use in Canada,
in any month or part of a month a charge in such amount not exceeding seventy-five dollars per cubic metre as may be prescribed in a tariff of charges for that month or part of a month made by order of the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister and the Minister of Finance.
Marginal note:Tariff of charges
(2) A tariff of charges under subsection (1) may set out the charge applicable in respect of any or all of the various kinds or qualities of petroleum, or petroleum products, petroleum or petroleum products from any source, any or all destinations for petroleum or petroleum products and such other factors or circumstances as are specified in the tariff.
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 114, s. 31.
- Date modified: