27. The Enterprise Cape Breton Corporation is continued as a corporation consisting of a Board of Directors comprising the Chairperson, a Chief Executive Officer and five other directors appointed in accordance with subsection 28(2).
- R.S., 1985, c. 41 (4th Supp.), s. 27;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 248.
Marginal note:Appointment of Chief Executive Officer
28. (1) The Chief Executive Officer shall be appointed by the Governor in Council for a term that the Governor in Council considers appropriate, and may be removed at any time by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Appointment of directors
(2) Each director, other than the Chairperson and the Chief Executive Officer, shall be appointed by the Minister, with the approval of the Governor in Council, to hold office for a term not exceeding four years that will ensure, as far as possible, the expiration in any one year of the terms of office of not more than one half of the directors. Each director may be removed at any time by the Minister, with the approval of the Governor in Council.
(3) The Chief Executive Officer is eligible for re-appointment on the expiration of a term of office. Notwithstanding subsection 105(3) of the Financial Administration Act, any other director who has served two consecutive terms is not, during the twelve months following the completion of a second term, eligible for appointment except as Chairperson or Chief Executive Officer.
(4) A vacancy on the Board does not impair the right of the remaining directors to act but where any such vacancy occurs it shall be filled as soon as practicable by appointment in the manner provided in this section.
- R.S., 1985, c. 41 (4th Supp.), s. 28;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 249.
Marginal note:Chairperson to preside
29. The Chairperson shall preside at meetings of the Board, but in the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chairperson or a vacancy in that office, the Chief Executive Officer shall preside.
- R.S., 1985, c. 41 (4th Supp.), s. 29;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 250.
Marginal note:Authority of Chief Executive Officer
30. (1) The Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation has, on behalf of the Board, the direction and control of the business of the Corporation with authority to act in the conduct of that business in all matters that are not by this Part or by the by-laws of the Corporation specifically reserved to be done by the Board.
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity
(2) In the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chief Executive Officer or a vacancy in that office, the Board shall authorize another officer or director of the Corporation to act as the Chief Executive Officer, but no person may act as such for a period exceeding sixty days without the approval of the Governor in Council.
- R.S., 1985, c. 41 (4th Supp.), s. 30;
- 2006, c. 9, s. 250.
- Date modified: