Marginal note:Absence of registration, etc.
3. No person shall sell, or import into Canada, any fertilizer or supplement unless the fertilizer or supplement
(a) has been registered as prescribed;
(b) conforms to prescribed standards; and
(c) is packaged and labelled as prescribed.
- R.S., c. F-9, s. 3.
Marginal note:Destructive ingredients or harmful properties
4. No person shall sell any fertilizer or supplement that contains destructive ingredients or properties harmful to plant growth when used according to the directions that accompany the fertilizer or supplement or that appear on the label of the package in which the fertilizer or supplement is contained.
- R.S., c. F-9, s. 9.
5. (1) The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing the form in which applications for registration of fertilizers and supplements shall be made and the information to be furnished therewith;
(b) respecting the registration of fertilizers and supplements and prescribing fees for registration;
(c) respecting the duration and cancellation of the registration of fertilizers and supplements;
(d) exempting any fertilizer or supplement or any person from the operation of all or any of the provisions of this Act;
(e) prescribing the form, composition and other standards for fertilizers and supplements;
(f) respecting the packaging of fertilizers and supplements and the labelling of packages thereof;
(g) respecting the taking of samples and the making of analyses for the purposes of this Act;
(h) providing that fertilizers registered under this Act and containing a pest control product as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Pest Control Products Act are, in prescribed circumstances and subject to prescribed conditions, deemed to be registered under that Act;
(i) respecting the detention, preservation and safeguarding of anything seized under section 9;
(j) respecting the disposition of anything forfeited under section 9;
(k) prescribing anything else that by this Act is required to be prescribed; and
(l) generally, for carrying out the purposes and provisions of this Act.
Marginal note:Regulations re North American Free Trade Agreement and WTO Agreement
(2) Without limiting the authority conferred by subsection (1), the Governor in Council may make such regulations as the Governor in Council deems necessary for the purpose of implementing, in relation to fertilizers or supplements, Article 1711 of the North American Free Trade Agreement or paragraph 3 of Article 39 of the Agreement on Trade-related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights set out in Annex 1C to the WTO Agreement.
(3) In subsection (2),
“North American Free Trade Agreement”
« Accord de libre-échange nord-américain »
“North American Free Trade Agreement” has the meaning given to the word "Agreement" by subsection 2(1) of the North American Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act;
« Accord sur l’OMC »
“WTO Agreement” has the meaning given to the word "Agreement" by subsection 2(1) of the World Trade Organization Agreement Implementation Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-10, s. 5;
- 1993, c. 44, s. 155;
- 1994, c. 47, s. 115;
- 2002, c. 28, s. 84.
- Date modified: