Marginal note:Information to be submitted to Commissioner
94. A chief firearms officer shall submit to the Commissioner the prescribed information with regard to the administration of this Act at the prescribed time and in the prescribed form for the purpose of enabling the Commissioner to compile the reports referred to in section 93.
- 1995, c. 39, s. 94;
- 2003, c. 8, s. 50.
Agreements with Provinces
Marginal note:Agreements with provinces
95. The federal Minister may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, enter into agreements with the governments of the provinces
(a) providing for payment of compensation by Canada to the provinces in respect of administrative costs actually incurred by the provinces in relation to processing licences, registration certificates and authorizations and applications for licences, registration certificates and authorizations and the operation of the Canadian Firearms Registration System; and
(b) notwithstanding subsections 17(1) and (4) of the Financial Administration Act, authorizing the governments of the provinces to withhold those costs, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the agreement, from fees under paragraph 117(p) collected or received by the governments of the provinces.
Marginal note:Other obligations not affected
96. The issuance of a licence, registration certificate or authorization under this Act does not affect the obligation of any person to comply with any other Act of Parliament or any regulation made under an Act of Parliament respecting firearms or other weapons.
Marginal note:Exemptions — Governor in Council
97. (1) Subject to subsection (4), the Governor in Council may exempt any class of non-residents from the application of any provision of this Act or the regulations, or from the application of any of sections 91 to 95, 99 to 101, 103 to 107 and 117.03 of the Criminal Code, for any period specified by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Exemptions — federal Minister
(2) Subject to subsection (4), the federal Minister may exempt any non-resident from the application of any provision of this Act or the regulations, or from the application of any of sections 91 to 95, 99 to 101, 103 to 107 and 117.03 of the Criminal Code, for any period not exceeding one year.
Marginal note:Exemptions — provincial minister
(3) Subject to subsection (4), a provincial minister may exempt from the application in that province of any provision of this Act or the regulations or Part III of the Criminal Code, for any period not exceeding one year, the employees, in respect of any thing done by them in the course of or for the purpose of their duties or employment, of any business that holds a licence authorizing the business to acquire prohibited firearms, prohibited weapons, prohibited devices or prohibited ammunition.
Marginal note:Public safety
(4) Subsections (1) to (3) do not apply if it is not desirable, in the interests of the safety of any person, that the exemption be granted.
(5) The authority granting an exemption may attach to it any reasonable condition that the authority considers desirable in the particular circumstances and in the interests of the safety of any person.
- 1995, c. 39, s. 97;
- 2001, c. 41, s. 96.
- Date modified: