Marginal note:Non-application of Statutory Instruments Act
- 1999, c. 24, s. 44;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 652(E).
AMENDMENT OF SCHEDULE
Marginal note:Addition of band name
45. (1) The Governor in Council may, by order, add the name of a band to the schedule if he or she is satisfied that the signing of the Framework Agreement on the band’s behalf has been duly authorized and that the Framework Agreement has been signed.
Marginal note:Coming-into-force date of land code
(2) The Minister may, by order, add to the schedule the date on which a land code comes into force with respect to First Nation lands.
Marginal note:Deletion of band name
(3) The Governor in Council may, by order, delete from the schedule the name of a First Nation and the date on which a land code comes into force with respect to the First Nation’s lands, if that First Nation is no longer subject to this Act under the terms of a land claims agreement or a self-government agreement.
- 1999, c. 24, s. 45;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 636.
46. (1) Any action taken or determination or decision made under the Framework Agreement before the coming into force of sections 6 to 14, 35 and 36 is deemed, to the extent that it would have been valid under those sections, to have been validly taken or made under this Act.
Marginal note:Coming into force of land code
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a land code may not come into force before the coming into force of this section.
COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:Order of Governor in Council
Footnote *48. Section 45 comes into force on a day to be fixed by order of the Governor in Council after the completion of a review of the Framework Agreement in accordance with its provisions and any consultations that the Governor in Council may require.
Return to footnote *[Note: Section 45 in force May 20, 2003, see SI/2003-108.]
- Date modified: