Marginal note:Ministers to provide records, etc.
65 For the purpose of the keeping of the accounts of Canada under section 63 and the preparation of the Public Accounts under section 64, the Receiver General may, from time to time, subject to such regulations as the Treasury Board may make, send a notice to each appropriate Minister requesting such records, accounts or statements or other information as is specified in the notice and each appropriate Minister shall, within such reasonable time as is specified in the notice, provide the Receiver General with the records, accounts or statements or other information requested.
- R.S., c. F-10, s. 56;
- R.S., c. 11(2nd Supp.), s. 1;
- 1976-77, c. 34, s. 23;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 170, s. 16.
Marginal note:Quarterly financial reports
65.1 (1) Every department shall cause to be prepared, in the form and manner provided for by the Treasury Board, a quarterly financial report for each of the first three fiscal quarters of each fiscal year.
(2) The report shall contain
(a) a financial statement for the fiscal quarter and the period from the start of the fiscal year to the end of that fiscal quarter;
(b) comparative financial information for the preceding fiscal year; and
(c) a statement outlining the results, risks and significant changes in relation to operations, personnel and programs.
Marginal note:Report to be made public
(3) The appropriate Minister shall cause the report to be made public within 60 days after the end of the fiscal quarter to which the report relates.
(4) The Treasury Board may, by regulation, exempt a department from the requirement set out in subsection (1) or provide that any of the content referred to in subsection (2) be excluded from its report.
- 2009, c. 31, s. 58.
PART VIIAssignment of Crown Debts
66 In this Part,
appropriate paying officer
agent payeur compétent
appropriate paying officer, in relation to a Crown debt, means the paying officer who makes the payments in respect of that debt; (agent payeur compétent)
contract means a contract involving the payment of money by the Crown; (marché)
Crown means Her Majesty in right of Canada; (Sa Majesté)
créance sur Sa Majesté
Crown debt means any existing or future debt due or becoming due by the Crown, and any other chose in action in respect of which there is a right of recovery enforceable by action against the Crown; (créance sur Sa Majesté)
paying officer means any person designated as such by regulation; (agent payeur)
prescribedVersion anglaise seulement
prescribed means prescribed by regulation. (Version anglaise seulement)
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 66;
- 1999, c. 31, s. 113(F).
Marginal note:General prohibition
67 Except as provided in this Act or any other Act of Parliament,
(a) a Crown debt is not assignable; and
(b) no transaction purporting to be an assignment of a Crown debt is effective so as to confer on any person any rights or remedies in respect of that debt.
- R.S., c. F-10, s. 80.
Marginal note:Assignments of specified Crown debts
Marginal note:Conditions for validity
(2) The assignment referred to in subsection (1) is valid only if
Marginal note:Effect of assignment
(3) The assignment referred to in subsections (1) and (2) is effectual in law, subject to all equities that would have been entitled to priority over the right of the assignee if this section had not been enacted, to pass and transfer, from the date service on the Crown of notice of the assignment is effected,
Marginal note:Original conditions and restrictions
(4) An assignment made in accordance with this Part is subject to all conditions and restrictions in respect of the right of transfer that relate to the original Crown debt or that attach to or are contained in the original contract.
Marginal note:Salary, wages, pay and allowances not assignable
(5) Notwithstanding subsection (1), any amount due or becoming due by the Crown as or on account of salary, wages, pay or pay and allowances is not assignable and no transaction purporting to be an assignment of any such amount is effective to confer on any person any rights or remedies in respect of that amount.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 68;
- 1991, c. 24, s. 49(E).
Marginal note:Notice of assignment
69 (1) The notice referred to in paragraph 68(2)(c) shall be given to the Crown by serving on or sending by registered mail to the Receiver General or a paying officer, in prescribed form, notice of the assignment, together with a copy of the assignment accompanied by such other documents completed in such manner as may be prescribed.
Marginal note:When notice deemed served
(2) Service of the notice referred to in subsection (1) shall be deemed not to have been effected until acknowledgment of the notice, in prescribed form, is sent to the assignee, by registered mail, under the hand of the appropriate paying officer.
- R.S., c. F-10, s. 82.
Marginal note:Limitation of application of this Part
70 This Part does not apply
(a) to any negotiable instrument;
(b) to any Crown debt incurred by or in the name of a corporation set out in Schedule III; or
(c) to any securities issued under Part IV.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 70;
- 1998, c. 13, s. 21.
71 The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) designating persons as paying officers for the purposes of this Part;
(b) prescribing additional classes of Crown debts for the purpose of subsection 68(1);
(c) prescribing the forms of notices of assignment and acknowledgments thereof;
(d) prescribing the documents to be submitted in connection with a notice of assignment, the forms of those documents and the manner in which they are to be completed; and
(e) generally, for carrying into effect the purposes and provisions of this Part.
- R.S., c. F-10, s. 84.
PART VIIIAssignment of Debts Due to the Crown Under Payment Bonds
72 In this Part,
Crown means Her Majesty in right of Canada or any agent of Her Majesty in right of Canada and includes a Crown corporation and a departmental corporation; (Sa Majesté)
payment bond means a bond held by the Crown as security for the payment of certain classes of persons who perform labour or services or supply material in connection with a contract between the Crown and a contractor. (cautionnement)
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 72;
- 1991, c. 24, s. 50(F).
- Date modified: