Marginal note:Public meeting
113.1 (1) The board of directors of a parent Crown corporation shall hold a public meeting within 18 months after the day on which the board holds its first meeting or, if it is later, the day on which this section comes into force and, subsequently, within 15 months after the day on which the last preceding public meeting was held.
(2) The meeting shall be held in Canada in the manner provided for in the by-laws or, if no manner is provided for, in the manner determined by the board of directors.
Marginal note:Notice of meeting
(3) The corporation shall publish a notice of the meeting at least 30 days before the day on which the meeting is to be held. The notice shall indicate the location, if any, and the date and time of the meeting, the means of participating in the meeting and how copies of the corporation’s most recent annual report may be obtained.
Marginal note:Director and chief executive officer to attend
(4) One or more directors of the corporation and its chief executive officer, whether or not he or she is a director of the corporation, shall participate in the meeting to answer questions from the public.
- 2009, c. 2, s. 372.
114. (1) The board of directors of a parent Crown corporation may, by resolution, make, amend or repeal any by-laws that regulate the business or affairs of the corporation, unless the charter or by-laws of the corporation otherwise provide.
Marginal note:Copy of by-law to appropriate Minister and President of the Treasury Board
(2) The board of directors of a parent Crown corporation shall, after making, amending or repealing a by-law, send a copy of that by-law to the appropriate Minister and the President of the Treasury Board.
Marginal note:Amendment or repeal
(3) The Governor in Council may direct the board of directors of a parent Crown corporation to make, amend or repeal a by-law within such period as is specified in the direction.
(4) The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing the form or the content of by-laws of parent Crown corporations and the time at, before or within which copies of by-laws are to be sent to the appropriate Minister and the President of the Treasury Board; and
(b) exempting a specified parent Crown corporation or a parent Crown corporation of a specified class from the application of subsection (2), either generally or in respect of any specified by-law or any by-law of a specified class.
(5) No direction shall be given pursuant to subsection (3) to the Standards Council of Canada with respect to
(a) the manner in which voluntary standardization is promoted; or
(b) the provision of financial assistance to or for the benefit of a particular person or group of persons.
Marginal note:Provision not applicable
(6) Section 103 of the Canada Business Corporations Act does not apply in respect of any parent Crown corporation established under that Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 114;
- 1991, c. 24, s. 33;
- 1994, c. 24, s. 34(F).
- Date modified: