Marginal note:Information already in Public Accounts or estimates
157. Where it appears to the Governor in Council that any account, statement, return or document required by any Act of Parliament or otherwise to be laid before one or both Houses of Parliament contains the same information as or less information than is contained in the Public Accounts or in any estimates of expenditures submitted to Parliament, the Governor in Council may direct that the account, statement, return or other document be discontinued, and thereafter it need not be prepared or laid before either House of Parliament.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 157;
- 1991, c. 24, s. 47.
Marginal note:Proof of Treasury Board records
158. A document purporting to be a copy of an entry in the records of the Treasury Board certified by the Secretary, a Deputy Secretary, or an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury Board or by the Comptroller General of Canada, a Deputy Comptroller General of Canada or by an Assistant Comptroller General of Canada is, without proof of the signature or of the official character of the person purporting to have signed it, admissible in any court of justice and has the same probative force as the original document would have if it were proven in the ordinary way.
- R.S., c. F-10, s. 97;
- 1980-81-82-83, c. 170, s. 22;
- 1984, c. 31, s. 12.
Definition of “other financial institution”
159. (1) In this section, “other financial institution” means
(a) a member of the Canadian Payments Association, a local cooperative credit society, a fiscal agent or a financial institution with which the Receiver General establishes accounts for the deposit of public money pursuant to subsection 17(2); and
(b) any other financial institution that accepts or receives an instruction for payment issued pursuant to section 35.
Marginal note:No charge for certain cheques, etc.
(2) No bank or other financial institution shall make a charge
(a) for cashing a cheque or other instrument drawn on the Receiver General or on the Receiver General’s account in the Bank of Canada or any other bank or other financial institution;
(b) for honouring or otherwise giving value for any other instruction for payment issued pursuant to section 35; or
(c) in respect of any cheque or other instruction for payment drawn in favour of the Receiver General, the Government of Canada, any department or any public officer in the officer’s official capacity, and tendered for deposit to the credit of the Receiver General.
Marginal note:Deposits of the Government of Canada, etc.
(3) Nothing in subsection (2) shall be construed as prohibiting any arrangement between the Government of Canada and a bank or other financial institution concerning compensation for services performed by the bank or institution for the Government of Canada or interest to be paid on any or all deposits of the Government of Canada with the bank or institution.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-11, s. 159;
- 1991, c. 24, s. 48.
- Date modified: