Marginal note:Arrest without warrant
8. (1) An inspector or constable may arrest without a warrant any person found committing an offence against this Part and shall forthwith take any person so arrested before a justice of the peace to be examined and dealt with according to law.
Marginal note:Limited detention
(2) A person arrested pursuant to subsection (1) shall not be detained in custody for longer than twenty-four hours without an order of a justice of the peace.
- R.S., c. F-12, s. 8.
Marginal note:Unlawful alteration of documents
9. (1) No person shall falsify or unlawfully alter, destroy, erase or obliterate any declaration, inspection certificate or other document made or issued under this Part or the regulations made thereunder or any marks placed on any containers pursuant to this Part or those regulations.
(2) [Repealed, 1997, c. 6, s. 56]
- R.S., 1985, c. F-12, s. 9;
- 1997, c. 6, s. 56.
Marginal note:Tainted fish
10. (1) No person shall import, export, sell for export or have in his possession for export any fish intended for human consumption that is tainted, decomposed or unwholesome.
(2) [Repealed, 1997, c. 6, s. 57]
- R.S., 1985, c. F-12, s. 10;
- 1997, c. 6, s. 57.
11. [Repealed, 1997, c. 6, s. 58]
12. The Governor in Council may make regulations
(a) prescribing standards of grade, class or quality for marine plants and the names or marks that may be used to designate any such grade, class or quality;
(b) providing for inspection, grading and labelling of marine plants, the form, issue and use of inspection certificates, and prescribing inspection fees; and
(c) generally for carrying any of the purposes or provisions of this Part into effect.
- R.S., c. F-12, s. 13.
Marginal note:Marine plants
13. No person shall export any marine plant in respect of which regulations have been made under this Part, unless it is inspected, graded, marked or designated, and labelled in accordance with the regulations.
- R.S., c. F-12, s. 12.
Marginal note:Certificate to be proof
14. (1) Every inspection certificate is evidence of the facts stated therein and is admissible in evidence without proof of any signature or the official character of any person appearing to have signed it.
Marginal note:Certificate to be attached
(2) No person shall attach or apply any inspection certificate to any marine plant unless the inspection certificate was issued with respect to that marine plant.
Marginal note:Alteration or falsification
(3) No person shall alter or falsify any inspection certificate.
- R.S., c. F-12, s. 14.
- Date modified: