2.1 [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 35 (1st Supp.), s. 6]
Marginal note:Provincial rights not affected
3. (1) Nothing in this Act shall be taken to authorize the granting of fishery leases that confer an exclusive right to fish in property belonging to a province.
Marginal note:Application of Act to Her Majesty
(2) This Act is binding on Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province.
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 3;
- R.S., c. 17(1st Supp.), s. 9.
Marginal note:Licences to take spawn
4. Nothing in this Act precludes the granting by the Minister of written permission to obtain fish for purposes of stocking or artificial breeding or for scientific purposes.
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 4.
AGREEMENTS, PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS
Marginal note:Minister may enter into agreements
4.1 (1) The Minister may enter into an agreement with a province to further the purposes of this Act, including an agreement with respect to one or more of the following:
(a) facilitating cooperation between the parties to the agreement, including facilitating joint action in areas of common interest, reducing overlap between their respective programs and otherwise harmonizing those programs;
(b) facilitating enhanced communication between the parties, including the exchange of scientific and other information; and
(c) facilitating public consultation or the entry into arrangements with third-party stakeholders.
Marginal note:Contents of agreement
(2) An agreement may establish
(a) the roles, powers and functions of the parties;
(b) programs and projects;
(c) principles and objectives of the parties’ respective programs and projects;
(d) standards, guidelines and codes of practice to be followed by the parties in the administration of their respective programs and projects;
(e) processes for policy development, operational planning and communication between the parties, including the exchange of scientific and other information;
(f) the administrative structures that will be used to carry out the agreement’s objectives;
(g) the power of the parties to create committees and public panels and to conduct public consultations; and
(h) the circumstances and manner in which the province is to provide information on the administration and enforcement of a provision of its laws that the agreement provides is equivalent in effect to a provision of the regulations.
(3) The Governor in Council may make regulations establishing the conditions under which the Minister may enter into or renew an agreement, including procedures for entering into or renewing the agreement.
Marginal note:Agreements to be published
(4) The Minister shall publish an agreement in the manner that he or she considers appropriate.
- 2012, c. 19, s. 134.
- Date modified: