Marginal note:Entry by fishery officer
52. In the discharge of his duties, any fishery officer, fishery guardian or other person accompanying him or authorized to such effect by the fishery officer may enter on and pass through or over private property without being liable for trespass.
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 39.
53. Disputes between persons relating to fishing limits or claims to fishery stations, or relating to the position and use of nets and other fishing apparatus, shall be settled by the local fishery officer.
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 40.
Marginal note:Distances between fisheries
54. Fishery officers may determine or prescribe the distance between each and every fishery and shall forthwith remove any fishing apparatus or materials that the owner neglects or refuses to remove, and the owner is liable for a contravention of this Act and for the cost of removing the apparatus and materials and any damages that may result therefrom.
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 41.
Marginal note:Boundaries of estuary fishing
55. The Minister, or any fishery officer duly authorized by the Minister, has power to define the boundaries of tidal waters and estuaries and to designate what is the mouth of any river, stream or other water for the purposes of this Act.
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 42.
Marginal note:Gurry grounds
56. Gurry grounds may be designated or defined by any fishery officer.
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 43.
CULTURE OF FISH
Marginal note:Waters for propagation of fish
57. The Minister may authorize any river or other water to be set apart for the natural or artificial propagation of fish.
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 44.
Marginal note:Special licences for oyster beds
58. Special licences and leases for any term of years may be granted to any person who wishes to plant or form oyster beds in any of the bays, inlets, harbours, creeks or rivers, or between any of the islands on the coast of Canada, and the holder of any such licence or lease has the exclusive right to the oysters produced or found on the beds within the limits of the licence or lease.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-14, s. 58;
- 1999, c. 31, s. 123(F).
Marginal note:Authority to provinces to grant leases for oyster cultivation
59. (1) The Governor in Council may, on such terms and conditions as are agreed on, authorize the government of any province to grant leases of such areas of the sea-coast, bays, inlets, harbours, creeks, rivers and estuaries of the province as the government of the province considers suitable for the cultivation and production of oysters, and any persons to whom such leases are granted by the province, subject to the fishery regulations of Canada, have the exclusive right to the oysters produced or found on the beds within the limits of their respective leases.
Marginal note:Rights of Canada preserved
(2) Where an area referred to in subsection (1) or any part thereof is in a public harbour, nothing in that subsection prejudices the right or title of Canada to the enjoyment and use of the harbour for every purpose other than the cultivation and production of oysters.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-14, s. 59;
- 1999, c. 31, s. 124(F).
- Date modified: