8. Except where licence fees are prescribed in this Act, the Governor in Council may prescribe the fees that are to be charged for fishery or fishing licences.
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 8.
Marginal note:Minister may cancel licence
9. The Minister may suspend or cancel any lease or licence issued under the authority of this Act, if
(a) the Minister has ascertained that the operations under the lease or licence were not conducted in conformity with its provisions; and
(b) no proceedings under this Act have been commenced with respect to the operations under the lease or licence.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-14, s. 9;
- R.S., 1985, c. 31 (1st Supp.), s. 95.
FISH ALLOCATION FOR FINANCING PURPOSES
Marginal note:Allocation of fish
10. (1) For the proper management and control of fisheries and the conservation and protection of fish, the Minister may determine a quantity of fish or of fishing gear and equipment that may be allocated for the purpose of financing scientific and fisheries management activities that are described in a joint project agreement entered into with any person or body, or any federal or provincial minister, department or agency.
Marginal note:Quantity in licence
(2) The Minister may specify, in a licence issued under this Act, a quantity of fish or of fishing gear and equipment allocated for the purpose of financing those activities.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-14, s. 10;
- 1991, c. 1, s. 3;
- 2012, c. 19, s. 411.
11. to 16. [Repealed, 1991, c. 1, s. 3]
17. [Repealed, 1991, c. 1, s. 4]
Marginal note:Licences for lobster pounds
18. (1) No one shall maintain a pound or enclosure in which lobsters, legally caught during the open season, are retained for sale during the close season at a place where the pound or enclosure is located, or for export therefrom, except under a licence from the Minister, and no lobsters shall be taken from any such pound or enclosure and disposed of during the close season at the place where it is located, except under a certificate from a fishery officer or fishery guardian, setting out the pound or enclosure from which the lobsters were taken and that they had been legally caught during the open season.
Marginal note:Marking of pounds
(2) Each pound or enclosure referred to in subsection (1) shall be marked with the name of the licensee and the number of his licence, and the marking shall be in black on a white ground, with letters and figures that are at least six inches in height.
(3) The annual fee for a licence referred to in subsection (1) shall be seventy-five dollars.
- R.S., c. F-14, s. 18.
- Date modified: