Farm Products Agencies Act
Marginal note:Council established
3 (1) There is hereby established a council to be known as the National Farm Products Council consisting of not less than three and not more than nine members, to be appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office during pleasure.
Marginal note:Primary producers
(1.1) At least fifty per cent of the members of the Council, not taking into account the chairman thereof, shall be primary producers at the time of appointment.
Marginal note:Chairman and vice-chairman
(2) The Governor in Council shall designate one member of the Council to be the chairman thereof and another member to be the vice-chairman thereof, one of whom shall be a primary producer.
Marginal note:Regional representation
(3) In making appointments under this section, the Governor in Council shall try to appoint one-third of the members of the Council from the four Western Provinces, one-third from the two Central Provinces and one-third from the four Atlantic Provinces.
(4) A person who has reached the age of seventy years is not eligible to be appointed a member of the Council and a member thereof ceases to hold office on reaching the age of seventy years.
Marginal note:Temporary substitute members
(5) If a member of the Council, other than the chairman, is absent or unable to act, the Governor in Council may appoint a temporary substitute member on such terms and conditions as the Governor in Council prescribes.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-4, s. 3;
- 1993, c. 3, s. 5.
- Date modified: