Marginal note:Contravention of Act or regulations
Marginal note:Offence by director or officer of corporation
(2) Where a corporation commits an offence under this Act or the regulations, any director or officer of the corporation who authorizes or acquiesces in the offence or fails to exercise due diligence to prevent its commission is guilty of an offence and liable to the punishment provided for in subsection (1).
Marginal note:Offence by employee or agent
(3) In a prosecution for an offence under this Act, it is sufficient proof of the offence to establish that it was committed by an employee or agent of the accused whether or not the employee or agent is identified or has been prosecuted for the offence.
Marginal note:Limitation period
(4) Proceedings by way of summary conviction in respect of an offence under this Act may be instituted at any time within two years after the time when the subject-matter of the proceedings becomes known to the Minister.
Marginal note:Minister’s certificate
(5) A document purporting to have been issued by the Minister, certifying the day on which the subject-matter of any proceedings became known to the Minister, is admissible in evidence without proof of the signature or official character of the person appearing to have signed the document and is evidence of the matters asserted in it.
- R.S., 1985, c. F-9, s. 10;
- 1995, c. 40, s. 48;
- 1997, c. 6, s. 47.
- Date modified: