Appeals to Court
Marginal note:Appeal to Court
101. (1) An appeal from an order of the Commission for the payment of any money or apportionment of any loss lies to the Court.
Marginal note:Institution of appeal
(2) An appeal under subsection (1) shall be instituted by filing a notice of appeal in the Court within thirty days after the making of the order sought to be appealed from or within such further time as the Court under special circumstances allows.
(3) Notice of an appeal under this section shall be served forthwith after the filing thereof on the Commission and on all interested parties.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 101;
- 1998, c. 22, s. 25(F).
Prohibitions, Offences and Punishment
Marginal note:Prohibition respecting grade names
102. (1) No person shall, in the purchase or sale of grain, use a grade name established by or under this Act in any record or acknowledgement of the receipt or discharge of grain unless the person is licensed under this Act.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a sale of grain by a producer who produced the grain.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 102;
- 1994, c. 45, s. 31.
Marginal note:Prohibition respecting forms
103. No person other than a licensee shall issue a cash purchase ticket, an elevator receipt or a grain receipt or any other document that so closely resembles one of them that confusion may be caused.
(2) [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 37 (4th Supp.), s. 26]
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 103;
- R.S., 1985, c. 37 (4th Supp.), s. 26;
- 1994, c. 45, s. 32.
Marginal note:Prohibitions respecting elevator operations
104. No operator of a licensed elevator shall
(a) issue a cash purchase ticket acknowledging the purchase of any grain or an elevator receipt or other document purporting to acknowledge the receipt of any grain if the grain has not been purchased or received into the elevator;
(b) permit to be outstanding in respect of a quantity of grain in the elevator more than one cash purchase ticket or more than one elevator receipt or other document acknowledging receipt of the grain;
(c) except under the regulations or an order of the Commission, receive into or discharge from the elevator any grain, grain product or screenings that is infested or contaminated or that may reasonably be regarded as being infested or contaminated; or
(d) except with the permission of the Commission, mix with any grain in the elevator any material other than grain.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 104;
- 1998, c. 22, s. 25(F).
- Date modified: