Marginal note:Registration of elevator receipts
113. (1) The Commission shall register elevator receipts issued for grain by the operators of licensed terminal elevators and licensed transfer elevators at such places and in such manner as may be prescribed.
(2) The operator of each licensed terminal elevator or licensed transfer elevator shall transmit to the Commission for registration each elevator receipt for grain issued in respect of grain received into the elevator before delivery of the receipt to the person delivering the grain.
Marginal note:Rights subject to registration
(3) An elevator receipt issued pursuant to this Act by the operator of a licensed terminal elevator or licensed transfer elevator does not confer on the holder of the receipt any rights to the grain referred to in the receipt unless the receipt is registered pursuant to this section.
- 1970-71-72, c. 7, s. 95.
Marginal note:Cancellation of registered receipts
114. The operator of a licensed terminal elevator or licensed transfer elevator shall, within such time and together with such reports as may be prescribed, tender to the Commission for cancellation of registration,
(a) where grain is discharged from the elevator,
(i) registered receipts for grain of the same kind, grade and quantity as the grain discharged from the elevator, or
(ii) where grain of different grades has been mixed, such registered receipts as the Commission may direct; and
(b) in such other circumstances as may be required by order of the Commission or prescribed, such registered receipts as are referred to in the order or prescribed.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 114;
- 1998, c. 22, s. 25(F).
Regulations and Orders
Marginal note:Orders of the Governor in Council
115. The Governor in Council may, by order,
(a) where the Governor in Council considers it necessary in the public interest to do so, require a railway company to supply railway cars for the carriage of grain and place them at any point at which the railway company supplies a service;
(b) despite anything in this Act, authorize and direct any minister of the Crown or any agency of the Government of Canada to exercise the powers in respect of the allocation of available railway cars contained in any provision of this Act, other than paragraph (a);
(c) direct that any allocation of railway cars be guided by the principle that the producer or producers should have the right to select such elevator as the producer or producers may choose or to load directly;
(d) direct that any grade established pursuant to this Act be assigned only to grain being officially inspected on discharge from a terminal elevator or a transfer elevator;
(e) vary the period of a crop year to another period of not less than three hundred and sixty-five days;
(f) direct the Commission as to the manner in which any of its operations, powers and duties shall be conducted, exercised or performed; and
(g) provide for any other matter necessary to give effect to this Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 115;
- R.S., 1985, c. 37 (4th Supp.), s. 28(E);
- 2011, c. 25, s. 33.
- Date modified: