Marginal note:Offence by manager, employee, agent or mandatary
108. (1) Any manager of an elevator, or any other employee, or agent or mandatary, of the operator or licensee of an elevator, who does any act or thing directed to the commission of an offence under this Act by the operator or licensee of the elevator is a party to and guilty of the offence.
Marginal note:Party to offence
(2) Any employee, or agent or mandatary, of a licensed grain dealer who does any act or thing directed to the commission of an offence under this Act by the licensed grain dealer is a party to and guilty of the offence.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 108;
- 2004, c. 25, s. 109(E).
Marginal note:Documentary evidence
109. In any prosecution for an offence under this Act, a document purporting to have been signed by a commissioner or any officer or employee of the Commission in the course of the performance of his duties is evidence of the facts stated in the document without proof of the signature or of the official character of the person appearing to have signed the document.
- 1970-71-72, c. 7, s. 91.
Marginal note:Time for commencing proceedings
110. (1) Any proceedings by way of summary conviction in respect of an offence under this Act may be instituted at any time within two years after the time when the subject-matter of the prosecution arose.
Marginal note:Trial of offences
(2) A complaint or an information in respect of an offence under this Act may be heard, tried or determined by a court if the accused is resident or carrying on business within the territorial jurisdiction of that court although the matter of the complaint or information did not arise in that territorial jurisdiction.
- 1970-71-72, c. 7, s. 92.
Cash Purchase Tickets and Elevator Receipts
Marginal note:Transfer from holder to holder
111. (1) A cash purchase ticket or elevator receipt in prescribed form entitling the holder named in that document to the payment of money or delivery of grain in accordance with the terms of the document, and the rights arising under the document, may be transferred from holder to holder by the endorsement and delivery of the document to the endorsee.
(2) [Repealed, 2012, c. 31, s. 385]
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 111;
- 2012, c. 31, s. 385.
Marginal note:Restriction on creation of charge, interest or right
112. Despite anything in the Bank Act, no charge on or interest or right in grain referred to in an elevator receipt that affects the interest or right of the holder of the receipt may be created by the holder, or by the operator of a licensed elevator who issued the receipt, other than by the endorsement or delivery of the receipt to the person in whose favour the charge, interest or right is created.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 112;
- 2004, c. 25, s. 110.
- Date modified: