Marginal note:Collective agreement binding
6. Each group specific agreement and the master agreement, in its application to the bargaining unit bound by that group specific agreement, as amended by or pursuant to this Act, is effective and binding on the parties thereto as provided for in section 5, notwithstanding anything in the Public Service Staff Relations Act or in that agreement and
(a) that Act applies in respect of the agreement, as so amended, as if the term provided for in subsection 5(1) were the term of the agreement; and
(b) the agreement, as so amended, shall, for the purposes of any Act of Parliament, be deemed to be an agreement between the employer and each of its employees in that bargaining unit on all matters relating to their employment.
Marginal note:Action prohibited
7. For the term of a group specific agreement as provided for in subsection 5(1),
(a) no officer or representative of the bargaining agent shall declare, authorize or direct a strike by any employees bound by that agreement; and
(b) no employee bound by that agreement shall participate in a strike against the employer.
Marginal note:Establishment of conciliation boards
(a) establish two conciliation boards, one in respect of the bargaining unit bound by the group specific agreement specified in item 1 of the schedule and the other in respect of the bargaining units bound by the group specific agreements specified in items 2 and 3 of the schedule;
(b) appoint Michael Bendel, of the City of Ottawa, as the chair of the first board referred to in paragraph (a) and Vincent Ready, of the City of Vancouver, as the chair of the second board therein referred to; and
(c) by notice require each of the parties to nominate, within two days after receipt of the notice, two persons, one to be a member of the first board referred to in paragraph (a) and the other to be a member of the second board therein referred to.
Return to footnote *[Note: Act in force on the day immediately after the day on which this Act is assented to (assent date being December 15, 1989), but not before the twelfth hour after the time at which this Act is assented to, see section 16.]
Marginal note:Appointment of members
(2) On receipt of a nomination within the period referred to in paragraph (1)(c), the chair shall appoint the nominee as a member of the conciliation board for which the person was nominated.
(3) If either party fails to nominate a person for a conciliation board within the period referred to in paragraph (1)(c), the chair shall appoint as a member of that board a person the chair deems fit for the purpose.
(4) If any vacancy occurs in the membership of a conciliation board before it reports to the chair, the chair shall appoint as a member of that board a person the chair deems fit for the purpose.
- Date modified: