Marginal note:Form of decision
12. (1) A decision of a conciliation board referred to in paragraph 11(1)(b) shall be set out in a form that will enable the decision to be incorporated in the agreements referred to in paragraph 10(1)(a) or (2)(a), as the case may be.
Marginal note:Incorporation in collective agreements
(2) When a conciliation board reports to the chair pursuant to subsection 11(1), the agreements referred to in paragraph 10(1)(a) or (2)(a), as the case may be, shall be deemed to be amended by the incorporation therein of any amendments thereto agreed to in writing by the parties in the course of the mediation, any decision of the board referred to in paragraph 11(1)(b) and the date fixed by the board for the expiry of the agreements, and each agreement, as so amended, constitutes a new group specific agreement or master agreement, as the case may be.
AMENDMENT OF COLLECTIVE AGREEMENTS
Marginal note:Amendment of collective agreement
13. Nothing in this Act shall be construed so as to limit or restrict the rights of the parties to the master agreement or a group specific agreement to agree to amend any provision of the agreement as amended by or pursuant to this Act, other than the date fixed for the expiry of the agreement, and to give effect thereto.
Marginal note:Offence by individuals
14. (1) An individual who contravenes any provision of this Act is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable, for each day or part thereof during which the offence continues, to a fine
(a) of not less than $10,000 nor more than $50,000, where the individual was acting in the capacity of an officer or representative of the employer or the bargaining agent when the offence was committed; or
(b) of not less than $500 nor more than $1,000, in any other case.
Marginal note:Offence by bargaining agent
(2) Where the bargaining agent contravenes any provision of this Act, it is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable, for each day or part thereof during which the offence continues, to a fine of not less than $50,000 nor more than $100,000.
15. For the purposes of enforcement proceedings under this Act, the bargaining agent is deemed to be a person.
COMING INTO FORCE
Marginal note:Coming into force
Return to footnote *[Note: Act assented to December 15, 1989.]
- Date modified: