Historic Sites and Monuments Act
Marginal note:Board established
(a) the Librarian and Archivist of Canada;
(b) an officer of the Canadian Museum of Civilization designated by the member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada who is designated by the Governor in Council pursuant to the Museums Act as the Minister responsible for the Canadian Museum of Civilization;
(c) an officer of the Parks Canada Agency designated by the Minister; and
(d) one representative for each province or territory, to be appointed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Eligibility of appointed members
(2) A person is not eligible to be appointed or to continue as a representative for a province or a territory, unless that person resides in that province or territory.
Marginal note:Tenure of office
(3) A member appointed by the Governor in Council holds office during pleasure for such period not exceeding five years as may be fixed by the Governor in Council.
(4) A retiring member of the Board is eligible for re-appointment.
- R.S., 1985, c. H-4, s. 4;
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (3rd Supp.), s. 12;
- 1990, c. 3, s. 32;
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78;
- 1995, c. 11, s. 24;
- 2002, c. 7, s. 179;
- 2004, c. 11, s. 31;
- 2005, c. 2, s. 12;
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1740.
- Date modified: